Part 10

Chapter 10: Bakery – Sweet heart, still in bed?

🍓

Tang Mi burst into laughter at what Fu Xin said. She took a while to laugh it out, then stood up from the sofa. "I'm going to take a shower first then head to bed. It's been a long day today, you should go sleep too." 

"Okay." Fu Xin shortly responded. She hesitated a bit but still asked, "Tang Tang, do you still like Lin Che?"

Tang Mi turned her head around then raised her brows, "I think he and He Si Qi suit each other quite well."

Fu Xin gave her a gesture of approval. "That's what i thought too."

Both of them grinned at each other, Tang Mi suddenly felt a little more comforted. In this era of fire, theft and best friends, to be able to meet Fu Xin, it really was a blessing.

That night, Tang Mi had good dreams. Director He, however, would be waking up to bad news.

"Dismissed? Why are you dismissing me for no reason?" Director He shouted from inside the HR department manager's office. His hands gripping his dismissal letter, personally handed to him by Luo Hao.

"For no reason?" Luo Hao lightly laughed out, "You should know best what you've done."

Director He's expression swiftly changed, he then innocently asked Luo Hao, "What have I done?"

Luo Hao stood up from the sofa and walked right up to him. "I don't want to waste time on you either. He Si Qi from Shi University is your relative, it doesn't matter whether she was influencing you or if you were purely trying to defend her, this was all for your personal reasons. During the interview, you deliberately accused Tang Mi, preventing her from entering Yu Shi. As a Personnel Director, to do something so unprofessional, this company does not think you are eligible to remain at this post."

Director He's face went white. It was indeed He Si Qi who had asked him to do that as a favour, but he thought it'd just be a small issue. Never did he think the company would personally investigate him this far.

He bit down on his lip and looked at Luo hao, "He Si Qi is indeed my niece. She was the one who told me about Tang Mi's plagiarism. However, you can't just use this to judge my character, Tang Mi had definitely plagiarised, I don't think what I did was wrong."

Luo Hao laughed, "Whether or not Tang Mi had plagiarised should have been none of your concern. Not to mention the police always gives a person in custody a chance to represent themselves. You didn't even want to listen to her side of the story, are you sure there was nothing personal involved? The Personnel department is an important part of this company, we need someone who can execute more professional judgments."

He walked out right after. Director He shouted out after him, "I demand to see CEO Yu!"
"Our deepest apologies, CEO Yu is not at the office today." Luo Hao looked back at him, "The Finance department will give you three weeks worth of salary, let's leave on good terms, but if you do continue to stir up trouble, I'll have to call security to escort you out."

Director He's mouth twitched but he said no more.

Tang Mi was still sleeping soundly during all this. Her phone next to her head suddenly started to ring, kicking her whole body into shock. She fumbled around for her phone, her eyes struggling to open, and picked up the phone, "...Hello, who is it?"

"Sweet heart, still in bed?"

Yu Xin's voice channeled through the headset with a rich, warm scent.

Tang Mi's sleepiness suddenly disappeared, she kicked away her blankets and sat up. "Yu... Sir?"

Yu Xin laughed, "I'm waiting for you in front of your apartment."