Part 19

Chapter 19 — Little girl, are you making a sacrificial offering here?

🍓

She took her phone out of her bag and began taking photos of the campus. Occasionally, someone came over to chat with her; some she recognised and others she didn't.

There were actually many A University students who had heard that there was an alumni reunion today and had also come over to stand and watch. The main targets of all this attention, however, were Gu Kai Ran and Lin Che, those well-known influential figures who everyone knew about but had never met. In the end, even the university directors were aroused into action and came over to especially greet the outstanding alumni, mainly to have them donate greatly to the university.

After practically everyone in the school had become animated, someone finally mentioned that they all should go eat.

A large private room had already been reserved at Tian Xia Restaurant in advance. Tang Mi's heart trembled when she heard this. Granted, they all brought a lot of money despite haven chosen to split the check AA-style.

Indeed, she should not have attended this type of nouveau riche gathering.

When such a large group of people majestically entered Tian Xia Restaurant, their entrance attracted a lot of attention. Tang Mi followed this stream of people into the large private room alone, having been separated rom Fu Xin long ago.

She searched for Fu Xin in the crowd, only to find that Fu Xin had actually snagged a seat beside Gu Kai Ran.

Tang Mi smirked before looking for a seat in a corner. Lin Che chose that moment to walk up to her and pull out her chair. "Are you going to suggest that I should not sit beside you?"

Tang Mi pursed her lips and remained silent. Naturally, she felt that she had clearly explained herself to Lin Che last time; what on earth did he want now?

After Lin Che sat down, someone very quickly seized the other seat beside him—a girl Tang Mi did not recognize. That girl incessantly switched between topics, trying to pull Lin Che into a conversation, but Lin Che simply nodded and hummed, paying attention only to Tang Mi.

After the dishes arrived, the dining table became even more lively. Tang Mi focused on her meal and remained silent the entire time. Lin Che, from time to time, would place food on her not-full-enough plate, causing the girl beside Tang Mi to roll her eyes.

Halfway through the meal, He Si Qi arrived late. Many people knew that He Si Qi had chased after Lin Che to France and that they were even running a cake shop together at the moment. As soon as she entered, everyone began to heckle Lin Che. Some even asked about when their wedding invitations were being sent out.

Lin Che laughed at everyone and explained, "You guys are mistaken. We are merely business partners."

He Si Qi's complexion rapidly changed. She stared at Lin Che's back but didn't say anything. The others all believed Lin Che was being shy and did not hold much stock in his explanation. At the moment, Lin Che had people sitting on either side of him, but contrary to expectation, He Si Qi simply stood to the side, rather similar to a turtledove observing a magpie nest.

Tang Mi did not count on the girl on Lin Che's other side to yield her seat. As a matter of fact, she didn't want to continue sitting there and took the initiative to yield her own place, saying, "You can have my seat. I'm going to use the restroom."

After she finished speaking, she left without consulting anyone. She then took out her phone and sent Fu Xin a message. 「I'm heading back first. Later when the bill is being settled, cover for me; I'll pay you back when you return home.」