Part 23

Chapter 23: No, write Yu Xin's name.

🍓

Only a couple minutes were left before opening hour. Everyone was mentally prepared to welcome guests, but the atmosphere in the bakery was incomparably suffocating.

Tang Mi sent a reproachful glance at the little brother from Yearning Love Flower Shop. The little brother laughed innocently. "I am simply in charge of delivering flowers."

Supervisor Yu stood to the side, taking joy in calamity and delight in disaster, as she waited for CEO Yu to lecture Tang Mi solemnly; however, Yu Yi glanced at that bouquet of flowers and dully said, "The restaurant is opening soon; sign for the flowers first."

"Yes, yes." Tang Mi took the pen offered by the little brother and quickly signed her name. She then took the flowers from the little brother and waved him farewell.

While she apprehensively pondered how she should explain this matter, Yu Yi suddenly said, "In the language of flowers, mean 'everlasting, unchanging love.'"

Tang Mi: "..."

She nearly threw the flowers straight onto the ground.

Yu Yi saw her stiffly standing there with the flowers in her arms and asked once more, "Do you intend to hold those as you work?"

"N-no..." Tang Mi eagerly looked for a place to set down this headache, but clearly, the bakery was not a suitable area.

"Give those to me." Yu Yi extended a hand to her. "I'll put them in the CEO office for you."

Tang Mi: "..."

Why the CEO office?

She did not dare to ask, however.

She handed over the flowers obediently. Yu Yi took the offered bouquet and left. Supervisor Yu felt that this ending was significantly lacking compared what she anticipated. Originally, she wanted to say a few words, but Manager Zhang swiftly called for her to stand at her workstation.

After everyone left, Tang Mi finally breathed a sigh of relief. She once again picked up the pastry bag and began squeezing out balls of cream, one after another.

The card! The card was still in the flowers!

Yu Yi plucked the card out of the bouquet with two slender fingers and glanced at it.

「These Chinese bellflowers represent my everlasting, unchanging love for you. – Lin Che」

He casually tossed the card into the trash can on the side.

Behind him, Luo Hao glanced at the trash can and remained silent.

The restaurant manager heard that Yu Yi had arrived and went to greet him, only to be met with the unexpected sight of Yu Yi walking with a bouquet of flowers. Her greeting came out more like a question, to which Yu Yi simply nodded in response before walking into the CEO office. The restaurant manager turned to Luo Hao. Luo Hao smiled at her and said, "The flowers were confiscated from Tang Mi. Let's go immediately; you're busy, aren't you?"

Restaurant Manager: "..."

She had heard about phones being confiscated from the staff, but not about how flowers could be confiscated.

After he spoke, Luo Hao followed Yu Yi into the CEO office. Since they first opened 『Sweet Dream』, this would be the first time they set foot in here. Although no one had used it since, it was still kept very clean, with all the necessary equipment in place.