Untitled Part 45

C44

Sweet Heart in Honeyed Desire - C44

Bai Xiao's words caused Tang Mi to freeze in place. On one hand, it was because she was surprised by her actions, and on the other, it was because she was so straightforward to her.

She looked at her in silence for a moment, then asked tentatively, "Don't you like Yu Yi?"

Bai Xiao laughed and shrugged. "It's useless that only I like him. I don't want to marry a man who doesn't love me."

Tang Mi's eyes twinkled. Although Bai Xiao's words were true, only a few could be so free and at ease.

She pondered for a moment, then asked, "Have you never thought that feelings can be cultivated?"

"I've known Yu Yi quite some time. If he could have liked me, he would have done so a long time ago."

Bai Xiao laughed with self-mockery. "And you know Yu Yi than I do that there's something special about him."

Tang Mi was surprised. Did Bai Xiao know about Yu Yi's dual personality?

"I don't know the exact reason, but I do vaguely know that he's been looking at psychiatrists," Bai Xiao replied.

She was silent for a moment, then added, "Yu Yi is indifferent to everything, as if he has no feelings at all. I guess it has something to do with this."

She looked at Tang Mi and said, "Even an ordinary person might not be able to meet someone they wholeheartedly love in their entire life, not mention to Yu Yi."

"I've been wondering what else in the world would interest him."

"I am glad that he met you, and that he can have the same joy and sadness as any ordinary man, so I will not destroy this hard-won happiness. "

Tang Mi fell silent for a long time after hearing her words, before she dryly said, "It's really stressful for me to hear you said this."

Bai Xiao burst out in laughter. "But don't be happy too early. I'm fine, but my parents will definitely be unhappy."

Tang Mi was somewhat worried. "Then what should we do?"

"Will it affect your cooperation with Yu's?"

Bai Xiao blinked. "My brother is in charge of the Yu's's purchases. He's probably going to raise the price."

Tang Mi's brows were knitted together, and Bai Xiao was amused by her troubled expression. "I'm joking with you. Business is business, and my brother knows his place."

"Besides, Yu's recently announced plans for a Holy Land for Dessert. Many suppliers want to work with them. My brother won't give up on this piece of fat."

Although Yu Yi was likened to fat, Tang Mi was still more at ease.

Bai Xiao handed her the chocolate chip and smiled at her. "Can we start making chocolate now?"

"Good, all right."

Tang Mi awkwardly heated the chocolate in the basin. After melting, she tested the temperature. "Let's start from warming it with marble."

Bai Xiao watched her carefully as she adjusted the temperature. She only dipped a little bit of chocolate on the back of her hand before confirming the temperature of the chocolate. "Do you not need a thermometer?"

"You can feel it on the back of your hand when you're skilled. At 28 degrees Celsius, that's enough."

Bai Xiao raised her eyebrows and nodded. Then, she began to adjust the temperature of the chocolate.