Untitled Part 27

hapter 27 — Our Queen of Baking has arrived.

🍓

Once the new product had passed the taste test, Lu Yu and the photographer arrived at 『Sweet Dream』in accordance to the scheduled time.

Last night, Tang Mi had purposely gone through her wardrobe but had truly been unable to find an outfit to wear that can be counted as 'dressing pretty.' In the end, she borrowed a sapphire dress from Fu Xin's closet.

She decided that the next time she had a day off, she really should find the time to go clothes shopping.

After Tang Mi changed into casual clothes, Lu Yu was full of praise for the dress she was wearing. When she saw her makeup-less face, however, she silently sighed. She tugged Tang Mi to the side and helped her do her makeup. Tang Mi almost thought that she was a model who was about to have a photoshoot for a magazine cover.

Lu Yu was very skilled in applying makeup and imparted many techniques upon Tang Mi. Once makeup was done, Lu Yu utilized techniques more professionally than that of a hair stylist's as she did Tang Mi's hair.

Tang Mi's hair was long yet soft, smooth and shiny like black sesame. Lu Yu couldn't help but inquire about the secrets on how she took good care of her hair.

Tang Mi replied in a deadpan manner, "It's natural."

Lu Yu: "..."

She fiddled with Tang Mi's hair for a while before pinning it up with an ocean blue hair clip. "Mn, and it just so happens to match your dress."

Tang Mi tugged on her long hair somewhat awkwardly. "I feel like it would be better to wear my chef uniform."

Lu Yu remarked, "Naturally, we need a photo of you in your chef uniform, but one of you in casual dress is also a must. This is mainly to attract fans. Do you know how many of them pay attention to appearances nowadays?"

Tang Mi: "..."

Lu Yu withdrew two paces and sized her up carefully from the distance. "Ah, you looked average when wearing a chef uniform; I didn't expect you to be so beautiful when dressed up. You really are princess-like."

Tang Mi's brows twitched. "Do you really plan on titling me 'Princess of Baking?'"

"Yes, leave the packaging to us. Feel reassured."

Tang Mi: "..."

By no means am I reassured by leaving it to you.

While Lu Yu helped her with her appearance, the photographer had just finished taking photos of the dessert and came over to request that she pose with her new product.

Tang Mi usually never took photos, not to mention a professional one. To the side, there were even staff members holding reflective panels.

According to the photographer's directions, she woodenly walked over and sat down next to the table. She spooned up some of the caramel cheesecake and brought it up to her mouth.

The photographer said, "Don't move so stiffly. Look at the camera, smile."

Tang Mi raised her head and tugged her lips into a smile.

The photographer spoke up again. "Smile a bit more naturally, a bit sweeter. Have you seen Shu Qing Yan's 《Sweet Formula》? When she was eating dessert, she exposed a smile that captivated thousands upon thousands of viewers. Right now, your expression makes me think that this cake is not tasty at all."

Tang Mi: "..."

Director, I am simply a pastry chef.

At present, pastry chefs had to not only rely on their looks, they had to also be able to act. This test was just too comprehensive.