Part 18

Chapter 18 — This is Tang Mi's creation.

🍓

Seeing that Yu Yi's astonishment had already completely disappeared when he posed this question, Tang Mi now racked her brain, trying to recall the labor contract to the best of her ability. It had not mentioned any stipulations on how employees could not hold concurrent jobs.

Luo Hao had been walking behind Yu Yi. When he saw Tang Mi, an astonished look also crossed his face. This storyline development was truly unexpected.

Seemingly sensing the mood become somewhat tense within the house, Bai Xiao giggled and explained to Yu Yi, "Oh, I asked her to come over and teach me how to make cakes."

Yu Yi did not react. Bai Xiao looked at his expressionless face and probingly inquired, "Or did you say your restaurant forbid employees from holding concurrent jobs?"

"It does not."

Just as Yu Yi said this, Bai Ce walked downstairs. "Yu Yi, when did you arrive?"

Yu Yi seized the opportunity to look at Bai Ce instead. "Just now."

Bai Ce entered the living room, casually glancing into the kitchen. He somewhat helplessly asked Bai Xiao, "What are you trying and failing to make this time?"

"Cake; I previously told you that I was planning to learn how to make cakes." Bai Xiao tugged Tang Mi over as she spoke. "This is Yu Yi's pastry chef from his restaurant, who I stole to teach me."

Tang Mi was somewhat in a daze. Yu Yi had shown up at the Bai residence, and the Bai family all called Yu Yi by his name so naturally. It seemed that their relationship was, as expected, really good.

Bai Ce sized up Tang Mi before turning to the cakes they made. "You made Mont Blanc? I always felt that thing looked like buckwheat noodles."

Bai Xiao: "..."

She ignored Bai Ce's teasing and headed to the kitchen to fetch the Mont Blanc. She animatedly exclaimed, "Since you are both conveniently here, you can taste our handicraft. Can you guess which one I made?"

Bai Ce chortled. "Is there any use in guessing? The one that's unpalatable is definitely yours."

Bai Xiao: "..."

This was precisely her elder brother, of her own flesh and blood.

Bai Ce pushed both Mont Blanc cakes to Yu Yi and said, "Since your tongue is so famous, you taste them."

Yu Yi looked down at the Mont Blancs on the table. There was not a large difference in appearance between the two. He tasted each one before pushing the cake to the right forward. "This is Tang Mi's creation."

Bai Xiao's eyes flashed, but she still nodded and said, "Correct."

Bai Ce threw stones at someone who fell down a well and queried further, "How unpalatable is the one Xiao Xiao made?"

Yu Yi revealed, "It can't be considered to be very unpalatable."

Bai Ce heard Yu Yi's evaluation and leaned against the sofa as he exaggeratedly burst into laughter.

Bai Xiao: "..."

Tang Mi stood to the side watching before whispering to Bai Xiao, "Since the cakes are done, and because you have other matters to attend to, I'll take my leave."

Bai Xiao nodded and said, "Okay, I'll send the money to your bank account in a little while."

"Thanks." Tang Mi smiled at her before glancing at Yu Yi. "Goodbye, CEO Yu."