chapter 8

jack
2:28pm
i had made sure to keep talia sober, she had told me she'd rather not drink today. derek's "little party" was actually a big one, full of people that we knew and ones who were complete strangers.
"jack, can we go somewhere private?" tali said, interlocking her hand in mine.
"of course."

i led her outside where there were less people, we had sat on a couch and she laid on me. she interlocked both our hands together then kissed them, "what was that for?" i chuckled.

"i love you so much." i smiled at her words.
"why did you need somewhere private?"
"i want some alone time with my baby."
her saying 'baby' had an instant smile on my face, i had blushed and smiled like a little kid.
she had been rubbing circles on my cheek with her thumb, as i looked down and stared into her beautiful hazel eyes.

"we're always going to have our ups and downs babygirl."
"we're going to go through them together." she said.
"yes that's all facts. i love you." i sang to her.
"jack, do you trust me?"
"of course i do." he said.
"tell me, why didn't you just tell me how you felt before. like before i even got with jacob?"
"before you got with jacob, my feelings for you weren't strong. i knew they were growing as soon as jacob had went away and you were spending most of your time with me."

she got up and still holding my hand, leading me back inside. we pushed through a bunch of people and i felt her let go of my hand, then started dancing.

i swear she is the cutest.

she smiled then grabbed my hand indirectly telling me to dance with her. the way her body moved with the beat of the music had me mesmerized.

talia
2:55pm
as i danced to the music, i had felt a presence behind me. unfamiliar presence, then out of nowhere someone behind me had smacked my ass.

"what the fuck!" i yelled. the complete douchebag just laughing with his friends but they were completely silent.
"what the fuck man, don't be touching my girl." jack had said, pushing him to the wall.
"she's going to be my girl." the guy had teased wanting to make jack angry.
"she's mine." jack had grabbed the guy by the collar pushing him up against the wall.

the guy had began to say sexual things about me which made me feel uncomfortable, a small crowd began to crowd around all of us.
"take that back you little bitch, don't fucking mess with my girl." jack had yelled, punching the dude square in the jaw then going again and again until he was on the floor.

"jack stop it!" i had tried to pull him back.
"stop!" he yelled.
"no, you're. going. to kill. him!" i said finally getting him back from the guy. the guy barely moved, groaning as his nose bled.
i let out a big sigh and everyone was basically watching everything that had happened. i grabbed jack's hand and stormed out of derek's house.

we had gotten into his car that was in the driveway and jack's hands gripped the steering wheel as his knuckles turned white.
"what the fuck were you thinking." i sighed.
"he touched you, he had no right to ever put his hands on you."
"i get that you were trying to protect me but you almost killed him jack!" he had started the car and began driving.

"do you not see what he did? he should've never put his hands on you."
"jack you had caused a whole scene! everyone in the party was watching!"
"i-"
"you called me your girl, jack in front of every single person. you haven't even asked me out yet!" i yelled.
"no-"
"we had just forgiven each other for a stupid fight, it's like you're careless. i want to be with you but you're- i mean we're both trying to be a couple so bad it doesn't even work out. maybe we're just not mean to be."

"okay, you wanna find out what i wanted to do," he said raising his voice.
"i was going to fucking take you to this nice place, do a special thing for you like you said you ever wanted from a guy to ask you in high school. i had remembered it and pictured it perfectly! but no, you let this guy touch you and i stepped up for you. i had given him something he deserved. i want to be with you tali, but you don't fucking understand!" he said yelling, scaring me.

"i'm getting out of here, stop the car." my voice cracked.
"no, you're-"
"i said stop the fucking car jack!" i cried out, he sighed then pulled over to the sidewalk. i got up and slammed his door. i ran the other way with tears streaming down my face, i had fallen to the ground. sobbing and sobbing, until i had no more tears left to cry.