chapter 29

talia
4:32am
"he's my brother, an idiot yes. he will come through talia, just let him speak to you. you guys need to talk soon. then maybe after it'll work itself out naturally." laura smiled.

that never happened, days went on and months passed. no contact, just things through the boys. i never wanted to see jack gilinsky ever again. i loved him to where i maybe even loved him more than anyone in the world. i sat up in my bed and placed my hand on my pregnant belly. my due date is next week, am i scared? no. i just wanted to be stress free, not think about jack or my past.

i stared at the wall in silence, i couldn't sleep at all. my son was kicking my insides like he was ready to pop out. i laid back down and stared at the ceiling, wondering if this hadn't happened before, would i still be in the same position?

10:37am
my eyes fluttered open and i had felt different, a boost of confidence rushed through me. i got up out of bed and changed my clothes, brushed my teeth then put some makeup on.
i walked down the stairs with a smile on my face.

"morning tals." sam cheered.
"good morning talia." johnson smiled.

i nodded my head, sammy and johnson have helped me through my pregnancy when i became independent. jack never bothered to call, text, or say anything to the guys when they hang out. i guess he's moved on too.

"anything you want to do today?" they asked.
"not really, do you guys want to go out to breakfast or lunch."

jack
10:37am
i sat down at my counter, with my little breakfast. i hated this being alone thing, i never wanted to be alone. out of choice, i stayed out of the way. i thought it would be better with me not being there, not ruining anything.
my own family has been seeing her before they went back to omaha, they paid me two visits. both visits ended in arguing about talia, i know i shouldn't be so stubborn but it's for the best.

will i ever move on from her?

no, nothing could and ever would replace her. i just couldn't running anything with me being there. she always said, we fight then make up. the fights were always my fault, everything was my fault. if i hadn't been so stupid, i could've had her with me right now. i could've been by her side for the months that have passed. she probably had our child and is with a man ten times better than me.

talia
12:04pm
i put my utensils down on my plate, as i had just finished my brunch. i had felt weird the entire day, it had felt like i forgot i was pregnant.
"have you guys talked to jack?"
"yea, he doesn't like talking about you though."
"johnson, we weren't supposed to tell her that."
"sam, it's okay. it doesn't really matter anymore, i can do this alone."
"no you're not, we're going to be here for you."

i paid for the check and waited for the boys to be done, my stomach began to feel uneasy. it's okay, it just might be from the food.
"can you guys eat any slower."
"chill, we just finished." sam said.
"whatever, let's go... to the mall." i cheered.
"we haven't gone to the mall in so long, let's go." johnson's said grabbing the keys.

1:51pm
i followed the boys into nike and my stomach wasn't feeling as good anymore. i stopped in my tracks to take a breather and they told me to keep going.
"maybe i could buy my nephew some new kicks." sam bragged.
"sam, i swear if they're ugly like your shoes, i'm going to return them."
"what's wrong?" johnson asked.
"i don't feel so good but it's okay."

johnson grabbed my hand and helped me walk around the store. i sat down and waited for sammy to be done, i took a couple breathes as my stomach began to increase in pain. i yelped and gripped johnson's shirt. i had stood up and felt a gush from under me.

"johnson! my water broke!" i panicked.
"i'll get sammy, we have to go."
"hurry, i can't stay here much longer."

the pain had felt unbearable, i cried out and i felt johnson grab my hand once again, this time taking me out of the store. him and sammy both helped me get to the car, speeding up and down streets to get to the hospital.

"hurry the fuck up! this baby is ready to come and i am in pain!" i yelled out.
"we're trying." sammy said.

-
the baby is here :)