chapter 26

talia
3:22pm
"jack." my eyes watered.
my chest began to close up, jack began to make his way towards me. i shook my head, then walked the other way.
"tali!" he called my name out.
"don't call me that!"
"tali, i didn't-" he grabbed my arm and i turned the other way.
"no! you slept with audrey when i'm two months pregnant with your child! that's why i kept pushing you away! this is what you did when you went out? sleeping with audrey!"

sam made his way up the stairs to where jack and i were standing. he looked hurt,
"you slept with audrey?" his tone was also hurt.
"you were with audrey?" i looked back to him.

"you were pregnant." jack softly said.
"i've been trying to tell you! and this is what you do!" i cried.
"i-"
"jack, you have no excuse! just stay away from me, it's over." i ran downstairs, storming out the door with tears running down my face. i felt someone grab my arm, i didn't bother to see who it was.

"tals, stop." johnson spoke. it made me relax but not stop crying.
"did you know he was doing this." i turned to him with my tears running down my face.
"no trust me tals, i would never hurt you like that. i had no idea what he was doing, i promise. let me drive you home."

he pulled me into a hug and i sobbed into his arms, i felt like i couldn't breathe. it's like someone had just stuck a knife in me and left it there, my entire body felt numb, i felt empty.

i was lifted off of the ground and johnson carried me to his car. more tears escaped my eyes, my cries silent.
"hey it's okay, no tears. i hate seeing you cry tals." he put me into the passenger seat.

6:54pm
my legs to my chest, my breathing was uneasy. i looked to my stomach and put my hand against it.
"i'm sorry." i sobbed.
how could he do this to me?
was this a setup?
he promised he wouldn't leave.

i couldn't stop crying, no matter how much i tried. my eyes felt puffy and dry, i haven't spoken to anyone ever since i got home. i haven't done anything since i got home. it hurt too much to do anything, it hurt too much to even exist.

i heard the front door close from downstairs and i stayed in the same position, i still felt like i couldn't move. i heard footsteps going towards my room, there was a soft knock.
"tals." sammy popped his head in.
my eyes went up to meet his, i didn't move.
"i'm sorry i didn't tell you i was with aubrey but i'm just as hurt as you are."
"but i'm the one that's pregnant." i whimpered.
"it's not worth it. i'll help you, you have me and johnson then maybe nate."

"i wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, i thought he would be by my side through everything."
"tals, he cheated on you. don't take him back, he hurt you." sam said.
"i know he did and that's why it hurts so fucking bad." i cried.

finally releasing from my position, i sobbed into sammy's arms. i couldn't stop thinking of him, but what would i do when the baby is born?

jack
3:22pm
aubrey jumped off of me when someone came into her bedroom. i looked over and it was talia, she looked so hurt and her eyes were glossy. i scrambled to put my clothes on and went after her.
"tali i didn't-"
"no! you slept with audrey when i'm two months pregnant with your child! that's why i kept pushing you away! this is what you did when you went out? sleeping with audrey!"

she's pregnant, it made me stop in my tracks. my jaw dropped, she didn't tell me but it explains everything now but i can't fix it. i'm the douchebag that assumed too quickly.

"you were pregnant." i softly said.
"i've been trying to tell you! and this is what you do!"
"i-"
"jack, you have no excuse! just stay away from me, it's over."
my heart broke and she was right, i had no excuse. i broke this out of my hormones, my stupid selfishness when i could've been there for her and our child. yet i was selfish to be sleeping with audrey when i wanted anything from tali.

when i was with audrey, i don't even know how it happened but i didn't know she was with sammy. sam walked up to me furious, "my sister is pregnant and this is what you do to her?" he yelled, grabbing me by my collar.
i couldn't say anything, i took the beating, because i deserved it.
"you selfish piece of shit! then you sleep with my girl!"
he punched me square in the face, i didn't do anything. i let him hurt me, but it couldn't compare to how much i hurt her.

6:54pm
i drank all of my problems away, the broken look on her face kept replaying in my mind. reminding me what i had done. i groaned and threw my tequila bottle at the wall.
"i'm sorry tali." i sobbed into my hands.
i wish i could feel the pain she felt because she didn't deserve it. she's carrying my child, the child her and i talked about, we planned. i ruined it, i could've had a happy family with her.
-
depressedlinsky?