chapter 17

talia
1:22pm
we got seated at a table and the waiter put down two menus, jack decided to treat me out to lunch after our very heartfelt moment.
"i already know what i want." jack said sounding like a child.
"what? i was kind of deciding on their baked fettuccine chicken alfredo."
"steak and potatoes." he groaned in satisfaction like he had eaten them already.

"so what can i get ya today?" the waiter had a southern accent.
"two glasses of red wine. the steak and potatoes, medium rare with mashed potatoes. then the baked fettuccine chicken alfredo and two caesar salads please." the guy nodded and i smiled at jack.

"how'd you know i was going to order salad?"
"you always start off with a salad every dinner but this is a very romantic spot so i wanna be romantic to my baby." he put his hand over mine, interlocking our fingers. i still don't believe this is real, i had wished to be treated like this in high school. i had wanted a fantasy, little did i know that came true.

"i love you baby girl."
"i love you too." i smiled.

my phone went off, i guess i forgot to turn off the ringer. i ignored it but it had caught jack's attention as it went off again.
"just answer it."

nate: johnson is in the hospital, come asap !!

"jack."
my voice frantic and in shock.
"yes, baby?"
"johnson's in the hospital. cancel everything else, we need to leave now."

1:36pm
"i need to see him!"
jack argued with the nurses that were trying to calm him. i had put my hand on his shoulder to  calm him down.
i looked to nate and gave him a questioning look. he motioned for us to come over, i grabbed jack's hand and walked to him.

"what happened?"
jack's voice cracked.
"fuck, we were supposed to hangout with him today and sammy. when i got there, everything was a mess and the front door was unlocked. i couldn't find him anywhere, i had searched for him and found him unconscious. i called nine one one."

jack looked at me like he had seen a ghost, he almost lost his best friend. i hear someone clear their throat behind me and i turned around. his hair no longer brown, it was platinum blonde and still brown at the root. it looked like shit, i glared locking eyes with him.

"the fuck are you going here?"
"i can't support my friends." i spat.
"your friend if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have met gilinsky if it wasn't for me. you would be alone being the miserable human being you are."

i stood up continuing to argue with him.
"well i'm fucking sorry, we have the same friends."
"i'm not, it just shows that you're pathetic. you depend on me for everything. when mom and dad made you come back to LA, when jacob broke your fucking heart." he spat.

"samuel, i've done more for you than you've done for me. if it wasn't for me, you and stass wouldn't have met. if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be friends with everyone right now because when you were being a selfish douchebag you had no one else but me!" i said pointing at him, my finger hitting his chest.

"don't you dare, fucking touch me. i hate you! you never did shit for me, when everyone talked shit behind your back at school for fucking a senior? what did i do? i cleared everything up for you! i beat that guy up! i stopped all the rumors."

sam had gripped my wrist when i tried to push him away from me. his grip tight to where i could feel bruises forming.
"that doesn't mean you have to be here! you could've stayed at home laying on your ass waiting to drink and smoke then fuck another girl! you clearly weren't there when johnson was unconscious. you weren't happy for me when jack and i got together! you weren't there for me when i had gotten cheated on! you weren't there for me when mom and dad abandoned me, only caring about money!"

i was on the verge of tears, i had never talked
about my parents abandoning me to live with sam. they had enough of me and kicked me out of their house forcing me to live with sam. jack looked to me but i didn't want him to defend me this time.

sam's eyes were fuming with anger and turning glossy, he opened his mouth trying to say something. anything but nothing ended up coming out of his mouth, then his mouth closed again.