chapter 16

talia
8:04am
i covered my last hickey and jack put his arms around my shoulders, kissing the top of my head.
"come with me to work." he grinned.
"work?"
"i work at my dad's building every thursday, since i will be owning the company one day."
"oh your dad came back to LA?"
"he lives in LA, but he'd probably love to see you again."
"i haven't seen him in a while, i would love to see him again, last time i saw him when i was back in omaha as a teenager."
"get ready, babygirl."

i went to his room and looked around for my clothes.
"jack? do you still have the clothes i left here from before?" i called out.
"they're in my closet, i don't use it anymore. i have my dressers."
i grabbed blue jeans and a white top, i threw those on the bed. i began to change but then i felt a pair of muscular arms around my bare waist.

"jack, get ready."
"i already am babygirl." he kissed my shoulder.
"well let me get ready." i playfully pushed him off and finished getting ready.
"my dad can't wait to see you."
"it's been a while." i laughed and he smiled.

9:11am
jack and i walked out of the elevator as it's doors glided open. i followed jack to his dad's office, he interlocked our hands and knocked on the door. i heard a low come in and jack opened the door walking in and i followed with our hands still interlocked.

"oh jack, you're here! is that talia!" david's mood cheered up.
"hi, david." i smiled.
"oh talia, i haven't seen you in forever." he got up with his arms open. i went to hug him, he engulfed me in his arms like i was his own daughter.
"how are you, david?"
"work is so stressful, how are you doing? are you and jack okay?"

david and katherine always saw jack and i getting together because we were so close, i probably saw them more than my own parents.

"well dad, tali and i are together." jack said putting one of his arms around my waist as i went back to him.
"called it." david cheered, which made jack and i laugh.
"is katherine still in omaha?" i asked out of curiosity.

"actually, she should be here in a second." david said.
"you didn't tell me mom would be here." jack sounded like a little kid so excited to see his mom after a day of school.

the door opened and katherine walked in the room, she looked up and locked eyes with me.
"talia! come here!" she engulfed me in a hug, i had missed her a lot. she had been there for me when my mom was busy going out of the country for work.

"wow mom, forget your own son." jack retorted.
"oh my boy, i missed you!" katherine went to hug jack.
"they're finally together!" david cheered.
"i-" katherine cut me off.
"it finally happened? how long? are you going to propose?"
"mom-"
"katherine, jack and i got together like two days  ago." i said calmly.

she smiled and went back over to david, "i think it's time you get to work son. one day this company will be yours." david said.
jack interlocked my hand with his as we said our goodbyes, we walked out and made our way to jack's office which was on the whole other side of the hallway.

he pulled me in his office and i was pushed up against the door, his lips crashing against mine. one hand went to the back of his neck and the other against his cheek. i pulled away, "jack c'mon you have work."
"i can't work with you being so hot." his voice was raspy.

he put me down and huffed, he went to his desk and sat down. typing away at his computer, i sat in front of his desk tapping my nails on the glass. i got bored quickly and pulled my phone out, i began to take videos of jack with snapchat filters on him. i put my phone away and stared at jack, smiling.

he looked over at me and laughed, "how can i do work when you're being so cute."
"staring is bad, finnegan."
"i'm not staring, i'm adoring lia."
my heart fluttered at his nickname choice, he hasn't called me that in a while. the last time he called me lia was when i was fourteen and he was sixteen.

i always had a crush on jack, even when i didn't know. from the beginning i thought he was very attractive but has never thought of dating him until i was eighteen. so for two long years i had waited, after a girlfriend and a boyfriend or two. when what he felt was mutual, we'd just abuse the time. wasting our love on others when we truly loved each other.

"i love you." i said.
"i-"
"i love you more than the three words i love you. since the day i met you, i loved you. that love grew as we grew, you're the only person i could ever want jack finnegan gilinsky. i can't imagine myself with anyone else, you're my soulmate. i wanna thank sammy, god or whoever brought you to me on this earth because you've helped me and guided me through so much. i couldn't have gone through life without you, i would've been this vulnerable pathetic human being without you and i wanna spend the rest of my life with you, jack finnegan gilinsky. the love of my fucking life."

i began to cry, "lia." he got up and put his arms around my shoulders kissing my forehead. he pecked my lips and cupped my face with his hands.

"i would be a vulnerable human being without you too. i wouldn't be able to live without you. without you, i probably would've been abusing alcohol and doing shit i wouldn't want to do. i love you more than anything in me, anything on this earth, anything in this whole damn universe. natalia rose wilkinson, i sure do fucking love you and i will never stop loving you."