Chapter 1: Hi. I'm Spider-Man

My name is Peter Parker. For the last two years, I have been Metroville's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man...without the approval of the authorities. You see, Supers have been outlawed for the last 13 years. So I've sort of had to play superhero without anyone knowing. So far, I've been...doing decent at it. Aunt May doesn't seem any the wiser, then again I do feel bad about having to lie about where I go. My aunt lives a few houses down from this nice family of 5. I don't know much about them but every Wednesday, the husband goes out to bowling with his friend Lucius. Although uh...something tells me they don't actually go bowling.

I got home from my recent escapades in crime fighting. I crawled in through my room window and took my mask off. I then proceeded to take my suit off and hung it in my closet, in the corner I know aunt May won't look. I put my normal clothes on and rolled my sleeves down, hiding my web shooting devices under them. I got back just in time for dinner too, she made chicken tacos and they're just...the best.

"Peter, remember we have the Parrs coming over this Friday," Aunt May said as I scarfed down the amazing tacos.

"The who?" I asked once I swallowed the bunch of tortillas and chicken.

"The Parrs? The family that lives a few houses down from us?" Aunt May further explained.

"Oh that family. Why are they coming over again?" I asked.

"To welcome you to the neighborhood," Aunt May responded.

"Ah. Well, I'll be sure to be on my best behavior when that time comes," I said as I wiped my mouth off with a napkin.

"Peter...are you doing alright? You keep getting home later and later," Aunt May asked, making me mentally freeze for a moment. I had to try and think of a reason for why I keep getting home late.

"I uh...I'm..." I stuttered as I tried to think of an excuse.

Detention? No she knows I'm too good to get detention. Traffic? That wouldn't explain the constant increase of time....Got it!

"I've started helping my school with tutoring club. Yeah, that's it; tutoring club," I said, the idea coming to my mind on the fly.

"Oh very good Peter. What are you tutoring in?" May asked.

"Science and Math," I responded.

"Those are your strong suits," May chuckled as she got up and hugged me.

"Yep. Uncle Ben taught me most of what I know," I recalled, remembering my uncle.

"Ben did know his stuff," May said in mourning.

"May. He would want us to not get caught up in the past," I reminded, trying to bring my aunt's demeanor back up.

"Alright Peter. You should go and get ready for bed. You have school tomorrow," Aunt May instructed.

"Alright Aunt May," I said as I hugged her and went upstairs to go to bed...well I would be going to bed...if the police scanner in my mask didn't alert me to a bank robbery.

No rest for the righteous I thought as I opened my closet to grab my suit out of there. My suit was a red and blue suit that had durable fabric that was flexible and my suit had black designs on it that looked like a spider's web. On the center of my suit was a small black spider and my back has a large red spider in the middle of a blue background. I tossed my shirt and pants off and layed them out onto my bed while I put my suit on. Then I took my mask and put it on over my face. My mask has these lenses that can auto-focus based on what I'm looking at. In my ear piece, I have technology that taps into police scanners and transmits crime to me. I opened my window quietly and waited for the hallway light to turn off, which meant that Aunt May is asleep.

"Sleep well Aunt May. God knows I'm not," I said as I clung to the outside wall of May's house and closed my window.

"Robbery is at the bank of 5th and Boardwalk," the police scanner informed. My mask then pulled up a GPS grid of the city and pinpointed the location stated.

"Alright. Time to be amazing," I told myself as I jumped off the wall and shot a line of my webbing to stick to the light pole and started making my way to the location.