Chapter 30: Undermined

He didn't... My fears were realized. Underminer blew the road out from under the buildings to bring him down to his level. I made web lines that connected the drill to solid buildings, not only slowing the drill to a halt but aldo grinding the gears indide the actual machine. My spider-sense started going off as I saw a chunk of rubble fall over someone. Before I was about to go and save those people, I saw purple disks fly by and slice the rubble clean in half; saving those people.

"Good job Violet!" I shouted. I crawled into the inside of the drill, seeing Mr. Incredible trying to dismantle the engine.

"What are we trying to do?" I asked.

"Yank that tank out, it'll cuase the engine to overheat and stall out," Mr. Incredible instructed. I went over to the tank of green coolant and slunk behind it, pressing my feet against it while bracing against the metal. The tank was creaking and cracking, and then I gave a good final push and the tank came crashing to the ground. Then my spider-sense went blaring again, as the entire engine began heating up...and then this giant boiler looking thing started turning red with heat.

"Question....is that the engine?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?" Mrs. Incredible replied.

"You do realize this thing is going to explode right? And with the heat capacity of the boiler's 2 and a half inch thick steel, it'll be build pressure akin to when the Omnidroid exploded! With us still inside!" I explained. Then Violet and Dash came running in.

"Get out of here! This thing is going to explode!" I yelled. Violet went up to us and made a force field around all of us. The boiler's temperature rose, pressured built and soon...boom! The boiler exploded and then the rest of the drill blew up along with it. Violet luckily protected all of us from the blast, even Jack Jack was protected from the blast thanks to Violet.

"Good job," Dash complimented. We all got out of the smoking crater, only to have shotguns and rifles being pointed at us by police officers. We were all taken to the police station, Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and I were the ones handcuffed in an interrogation room. Two detectives came in, looking miffed more than anything. The first detectivr walked up and slammed hid hand onto the table.

"Look. You three should know the rules. Superheroes are illeg-"

"Before you say anything. Let me ask you something, forget the mask and powers. This is a question from one human to another. What in the Sam Hill were avergar joe, lead bullet packing boys in blue supposed to do?" I asked.

"More than what you di-"

"Look I respect police officers. And I've made it my personal goal in life as a hero is to make the lives of these police officers easier. However, even I have my limits. We could be made of steel, and we would still have our limits. I'm sorry, but when there's a straight up drill going through the city; while the Underminer is blowing the supports out fron under banks, there's a land in the sand that needs to be drawn. The three of us needed to not only handle the Underminer's stupid drill. But make sure no one was hurt by said stupid drill. Then having to fight the fight thr Underminer. Now imagine doing all those things at the same time but having those thoughts going through your mind at 50 miles per hours! Try to imagine that!" I yelled, getting genuinely annoyed.

"Did the Underminer get away?" The detective asked. Mr. Incredible nodded shyly.

"Look. We understand that this sort of thing had your hands full. But whrn in doubt, just leave this sort of things to the police officers," The other detective said.

"Thank you. For being reasonable. See I want to speak to you about this. Not your partner who wants act like he's hot stuff," I said politely. With a bit more conversation, and gathering an understanding of the situation we three were let free. We all went to May's house and Rick Dicker met us there.

"Mr. Dicker? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Can I talk to the Parrs?" He asked in an exhausted tone. I waved the Parrs over.

"Rick, what's wrong?" Mrs. Parr asked.

"Program's done. Government cut the funding," He admitted.