Chapter 12: Confrontation

Bob's POV: Back After Revelations

So. The Parker kid is a super. That's interesting to know I guess. Maybe I should tell Helen.

"I thought you'd be back by 11," I heard Helen speak as she spun a chair around to look at me in her bathrobe.

"I said I'd be back later," I corrected.

"I assumed you'd be bacl later. If you even came back at all; you'd be 'back later'," Helen said vehemently.

"Well. I'm back. Okay?" I said as I was about to head to bed, Helen stretched her arm around to my shoulder and grabbed a tiny piece of rubble from when I crashed through the building. She walked up to me, turning me to face her while reeling back to her arm as she picked the tiny piece up.

"Is this....rubble?" She asked, showing it to me.

"It was just a little workout, just to stay loose," I defended.

"You know how I feel about this Bob! Darn you, we can't blow cover again!" Helen said throwing the piece onto the floor.

"The building was coming down anyways," I stated as I tried to walk away. Helen got in front of me in surprise.

"What?! You knocked down a building?!" Helen asked in shock.

"It was on fire. Structurally unsound. It was coming down anyways," I explained further.

"Tell me you haven't been listening to the police scanner again," Helen pleaded in slight annoyance.

"Look I performed a public service. You act like that's a bad thing," I stated, getting slightly aggravated by this conversation.

"It IS a bad thing Bob! Uprooting our family again so you can relive the glory days is a very bad thing!" Helen told me, slowly raising her voice.

"Reliving the glory days is better than acting like they never happened!" I shot back.

"Yes! They happened, but this; our family is what's happening now Bob, and you're missing this! I can't believe you don't want to go to your own son's graduation!" Helen scolded.

"It's not a graduation. He is moving from the 4th grade to the 5th grade," I corrected.

"It's a ceremony!" She added.

"It's psychotic. They keep creating new ways to celebrate mediocrity, but if someone is genuinely exceptional then-"

"This is not about you, Bob. This is about Dash," Helen interrupted.

"You want to do something for Dash? Then let him actually compete! Let him go out for sports!" I shouted.

"I will not be made the enemy here! You know why we can't do that!" Helen shouted back.

"BECAUSE HE'D BE GREAT!" I yelled in anger.

"THIS IS NOT! ABOUT! YOU!!" Helen screamed, stretching herself to be taller than me. We both them heard the quick rush a wind and saw that a a magazine had its pagges fluttering slightly.

"Alright Dash. I know you're listening, you can come on out now," I said calmly.

"Vi. You too, young lady," Helen said. Both of the kids came out from their hiding spots to where we could see them.

"It's okay kids. We were just having a discussion," I said, trying to explain to the kids.

"Pretty loud discussion," Violet added.

"Yeah well it's okay, because what's important is that mommy and I are always united. Against the forces of uh..."

"Pigheadedness?" Helen asked, finishing the statement.

"I was going to say evil or something," I muttered to her.

"We're sorry we woke you. Go on, head back to bed. In fact, we should all be in bed right now," Helen said as she looked at me. The three of us all went to bed. Afterwards, Helen and I were trying to sleep when she brought something else up.

"By the way, you missed something important today. Vi had a close call with her powers," Helen told me.

"Close call? What do you mean a close call?" I asked in quief confusion.

"Peter saw her turn invisible," Helen told me. I had to play dumb because Peter told me that he saw her invisibility while he was Spider-Man.

"Peter? As in, the kid that lives with May?" I asked.

"Yes. That Peter. Violet will talk to him later today about keeping her secret so we don't all get in trouble," Helen explained.

"Good idea," I confirmed. After that, we all fell asleep.