Chapter 39: Point Of View

We got to the hovertrain And I immediately noticed something off. The train would gently move back and forth on the track, which doesn't seem normal for something that should have been beta-tested over and over again until perfection.

"Yeah no there's something wrong with that train. It's sporadically reversing," I noted from my high up perch. I then noticed something odd out of the corner of my eye. It was....green smoke...yeah green smoke. There was this big cloud of green smoke bellowing from the building next to the train track. The smoke cleared and I saw....something. It was a person wearing a green fabric and yellow armor over the green. He had these triangular clasps that had eyes in the middle, that connected to a long purple cape. The thing that perplexed me most was this person's helmet...or I guess I should call it a fishbowl. It looked like a fishbowl that was filled with the same green smoke.

"Uh...Guys. We might need to fire it up early," I said.

"Why? What's going on out there?" Winston asked.

"Someone just appeared in a cloud of green smoke. They look like a gladiator with a fishbowl on their head," I said, getting slowly panicked. I heard the figure speak, and their voice sounded distinctly male but distorted.

"This area has been declared as the first strike of me! Mysterio!" The person now known as Mysterio shouted. Mysterio proceeded to have a green glow surround his hand and fire a green beam from his hand at the train, causing it to start reversing rapidly down the track.

"Go time!" I shouted as I started swinging. I immediately swung up towards Mysterio. Although he was enveloped in a cloud of green smoke before I got to him. I swung through the cloud and Mysterio was gone.

"Jack the signal," I heard Winston tell Tony as he took over the airwaves and showed our live camera feeds. Elastigirl and I started maneuvering through the city, trying to catch up and get ahead of the train.

"You stop it up front! I'll stop it from behind!" Elastigirl instructed.

"Got it!" I complied as I swung for speed, flinging myself further and getting closer and closer to where the train was while pushing further and further ahead of the train. I got about a good 20 feet ahead of the train, and had to think fast. I had to brace myself as I held my arms out, ready to stop or at least slow down the train.

I felt the train slam into me, taking me along with it. I had to grit my teeth, plant my feet down and force my feet to try and stick to the hoverrails, trying to apply some resistance to counter the engine's force. I then felt the train slow down a bit more. I looked up and saw Elastigirl latched onto the back of the train, stretched into a parachute to slow the train down further. My spider-sense went off and I saw that we were reaching the end of the track.

Uh oh! I mentally panicked as I needed to now figure out how to make sure this train made it out okay. I pressed my back against the train and shot webs at the railing, stacking those webs up higher and higher; making a large netting wall of webs. I kept pushing against the train and hoped that the train would be slow enough to not spear through my webs. I felt the webs stretch against the force of the train. After having a brief panic, the train stopped moving forward...it stopped.

"Alright...it stopped..." I muttered as I let out a sigh of relief. Then I realized that civilians were in the train.

"Everyone alright?" I heard Elastigirl asked, going through the train to make sure the civilians were safe. They were shaken, but all safe. I went over to the conductor panel, and checked on him. He looked a bit...spaced out. Maybe Mysterio's attack shook him up and he was genuinely confused and had to take a minute to process what happened.

"Hey. Buddy. Wake up," I said, gently smacking his face to snap him to reality. He shook his head, seemingly coming out of his strange trance. The little screen in front of him then lit up with a message.

Welcome To New Urbam, Elastigirl and Spider-Man.

-Screeslaver