Chapter 27: Fight Back

Crap! I thought to myself as I shot weblines at Violet and Dash, yanking them to me before the Omnidroid crushed the van with its claw. We all tried to run but the robot slammed another claw down, separating Mr. And Mrs. Incredible from us as they duckrd into an alley. The robot stood over us, ready to crush us. Dash braced for impact, but Violet put up a force field to protect all 3 of us from the robot. It snacked with its claws before deciding to slam its entire body down on Violet's barrier. The barrier fell and Violet went unconscious.

"Violet?" Dash shakily asked as he tried to shake his sister awake. The robot tried to slam its body down on us all again, but my body had a burst of adrenaline. I wasn't going to lrt anyone else get hurt....not on my watch! I popped to my feet and put my arms out front, seeing the Omnidroid rapidly slam itself down onto me. I had to dig my feet into the ground, but I was somehow able to keep my arms from snapping and keep the thing from crushing all 3 of us.

COME ON SPIDER-MAN!! I mentally encouraged as I tried to push the robot away. I felt the weight get lighter and I looked over to see Mr. Incredible helping me push the robot up.

"Get my kids out of here! Please!" He asked. I looked at the shaking Dash, and the barely waking Violet. Then I lookrd back at Mr. Incredible and gave a brief nod. I lifted Violet over my shoulder and carried her.

"Peter...I'm fine...really..." Violet tried to convince me.

"I know the sound of exhaustion. Trust me, I've pulled all nighters," I joked. Mrs. Incredible looked at her kids.

"Stay here, okay?" She asked. Her kids nodded and we both ran back into the fight. The air got slightly colder and I knew who it was.

"Frozone!" I greeted with a wave as I hopped up and started swinging.

"Great to see ya, spidey!" Frozone greeted. Mr. Incredible was holding up Syndrome's white wrist device and shouted something that I couldn't quite hear. What I did take note of was that whatever Mr. Incredible has, it's important to the robot since the robot just grabbed Mr. Incredible. He started trying to use the device for something, then the robot's arm fell off.

Wait what?! I asked in shock. Then my brain had to focus on keeping the robot away from that thing as long as I can.

"Frozone! We need to slow the robot down as much as possible!" I instructed.

"Exactly what I was thinking!" Frozone agreed as we both went into action. Frozone attacked the points of articulation on the robot, meanwhile I was webbing the claws of the robot to the ground. Here I thought we were actually making progress, then the robot turned into a ball and rolled away.

"How did I forget it could do that?!" I scolded myself. Then my eyes tracked where the robot was going. It was rolling at Dash, who had the white device.

"Frozone, you're faster. Get to Dash!" I said. Frozone started racing across trails of ice in Dash's direction. I then then notice the robot shift, and out cane a small laser gun from the side of its visor...aimed directly at Dash and Frozon...uh oh.

"Oh come on!" I shouted in aggravation as I jumped to the ground and webbed a manhole cover. I started spinning around to build speed, then let go of the webline. The manhole lid went flying like a frisbee, curving into the Omnidroid. The lid took out the laser, but it didn't hinder the robot too much. It leapt into the water that Dash and Frozone were on, launching the device somewhere while Frozone made snow for them to land into.

"Okay where is that thing..." I muttered, surveying the area. I saw the device and made a breakneck dash for it. The robot saw me and shot one of its claws at me. When I tried to web it as I got hit by the claw, the device started moving on its own.

Good job Vi! I thought as I was flung away. Violet fled the area of the robot so we could all regroup.

"I got it! I got it! I got the remote!" Violet said excitedly.

"A remote? A remote that controls what?' Frozone asked as Violet started pushing buttons on the apparently remote, causing the robot to rocket across the city.

"The robot?!" I asked in shock.

"Peter you said you and dad fought one of these things before. How did you beat it?!" Dash asked me.

"We made it hit....itself," I remembered. Mr. Incredible picked up the now seperate clae of the robot and held the actual prongs to where the robot's general direction was.

"I'll draw it in and web it up! You guys figure out what buttons do what!" I said as I swapped out my web cartridges and started swinging around the robot to annoy it. It started following me, which gave me some good chances to try and web up the legs to get it tangled up. Evidently, the robot remembered this trick from last time. Since it spun the remaining claws around like blades to slice through my webs. I saw the claw Mr. Incredible was hplding started spinning and rocket boosting. Which meant it was time for me to get this thing closer for this shot to work. I started swinging closer to the ground, the robot following me. Mr. Incredible let go of the claw, and I had to twist my body in midair to avoid getting caught.

The claw dug clean through the robot, punching a hole clean through. The robot fell over and exploded, flinging me into a not so graceful landing directly onto my face. I got up, shrugging off my potential injuries. The city was saved...Syndrome was stopped...