Chapter 8: Revelations

Once I was far enough away that I could reasonably assume Violet couldn't see me anymore, I stopped running. I stopped for a moment and tried to process what I just saw.

Okay...Violet has superpowers. To turn invisible...Violet can turn invisible and she's socially awkward...why does that make way too much sense?! Once I got over the initial shock of Violet being able to turn invisible, I got into a steady pace going home. Once I got home, I wanted to tell May about what I saw...but then I remembered what I'm doing to Violet with my Spider-Man stuff; I decided to keep that one a secret to myself.

Night rolled over and I was grtting ready to go out to Spider-Man and I gave a listen to the police scanner inside my mask.

"Code 16. Repeat Code 16," Dispatch informed.

"It's a fire!" I said in alarm as the location of the fire showed up on my mask as I started swinging into action. By the time I got there, the place was already up in flames. There was a random car parked out front, which made me confused as to why there was a car here. I swung inside and tried to look around and find any survivors. That's when I heard the sound of two men arguing about something.

"I can't lay down a layer thick enough! It's evaporating too quickly!" I heard a voice yell. It sounded like Lucius.

"What does that mean?!" I heard a voice that sounded like Mr. Parr ask in desperation.

"It means it's hot! And I'm dehydrated, Bob!" The first voice shouted.

Lucius?! Mr. Parr?! I thought.

"You're out of ice?! You can't run out of ice, I thought you could use the water in the air?!" Mr. Parr shouted.

"THERE IS NO WATER IN THIS AIR! WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE? RUN OUT OF MUSCLE?!" Lucius shouted in fury.

"I can't just go smashing through walls! The building is getting weaker by the second. It's going to come down on top of us!" Mr. Parr shouted back.

"I wanted to go bowling!" Lucius replied angrily. I decided to make myself known by shooting webs to hold together the rapidly burning support beams.

"Gentlemen! Now is not a place to argue!" I intervened, running up to them.

"You're that spider-dude!" Lucius acknowledged.

"First, it's Spider-Man. Second, I know a way out. Follow me!" I instructed as I started running through the burning building, punching down non-supporting pillars that were blocking the way. I then cross my arms in front of me while in a full sprint; breaking down the brittle walls until I hit a brick wall.

"Allow me," Mr. Parr said as he ran at top speed into the brick wall, breaking through it and falling into the jewelry store next door. By this point, the adrenaline wore off and I was almost blacking out from the smoke. Lucius tossed me into the jewelry store and followed after us. We all got out in time because the building collapsed immediately afterwards.

"Nice thinking kid. You alright?" Lucius asked as he gently dropped the survivors. I coughed violently and took my mask off to clear my lungs.

"PETER?!" Mr. Parr asled in genuine shock.

"The Parker kid?" Lucius asked.

"Oh. Yeah," I responded while breathing heavily.

"What are you doing here?! This stuff is dangerous!" Mr. Parr said.

"I could tell you the same thing. Yet you just ran through solid brick no problem!" I replied.

"He's got you there Bob," Lucius chuckled.

"By the way, did you know your daughter can turn invisible?" I asked, looking at Mr. Parr.

"You saw Violet use her powers?" Lucius asked in surprise.

"Yeah, wait you know too?" I responded.

"Of couse I know. Now the main question is how do you know?" Lucius questioned back.

"We're in the same school. You don't think I wouldn't see her turn invisible sooner or later?" I answered.

"Look, we really don't have time to talk. We all sort of look like incompetent bad guys," Lucius stated as I put my mask back on.

"Fair point. Let's get out of here," I said as we were all about to leave when a cop burst in the door and held a gun out at us.

"FREEZE!" The officer shouted. We all had our hands up and Lucius spotted a water dispenser and got a cup.

"FREEZE!!" The officer repeated as he turned his weapon to Lucius.

"I'm. Thirsty," Lucius calmly said as he started pouring some water into a cup.

"I SAID FREEZE!" The officer said once more, turning his entire body to face Lucius.

"I'm just. Getting. A drink," Lucius calmly stated once more as he drank the water.

"Okay, you had your drink, now-"

"I know. I know...freeze," Lucius said as he shot a stream of ice out of his hands at the officer. The officer was about to pull the trigger, but I webbed his gun out of his hand to the wall behind him; leaving him defenseless as he was frozen. Mr. Parr busted a hole through the side wall and we all ran from there. We all ran into Lucius's car and drove off.