Chapter 61: Supers Never Give Up

Peter POV

I was trying to steer the plane...then the plane suddenly sped up to maximum thrust and the controls locked! So now I can't properly control the plane, which means I need to think outside of the box.

"Maybe...I could control the plane manually with the flaps," I muttered to myself as I jumped out the window and slammed my hands and feet down once I got to the center of the plane. My powers held me down onto the plane as I forced myself to stand, seeing the city approaching rapidly.

"This better work, Spider-Man," I encouraged as I shot webliness onto the flaps of the wings and started pulling back on them to try and bend them back to make the plane pull upwards.

"UP UP UP UP UP!!!!" I was screaming at the top of my lungs as I struggled to force the wings to bend to my will. I gradually felt the steel bending and groaning as I applied more and more force to them. I let my feet unstick and slide back against the plane, sticking back to the plane close to the back as I kept trying to pull back on the flaps. I felt the flaps give way, as they pulled back and the plane veered up into the air rapidly ascending in altitude. I felt the rear end of the plane heating up, which meant there was only so much time left before the various fuel tanks and oxygen canisters heated up and exploded. I felt myself growing weary from the thinner air as I went higher and higher into the upper atmosphere.

"Hy....Hypoxia...when the body is deprived of oxygen....the things that are the most at risk are the brain...the liver....and the heart....because blood is getting....enough...pro...per...cir...cul...at....ion..." I muttered as my vision slowly blurred....more and more...my breathing getting more and more ragged....as consciousness slipped from me. I felt my grip on the web's slip....and the last thing I experienced...was my Spider-Sense was telling me I was in danger before my mind went blank and my vision...went black.

Elastigirl POV

I saw the plane rapidly flying directly to the city. I also saw a red and black shape climb out and try to pull the wings back. Evelyn saw the same thing and had a look of disbelief on her face.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! IS THAT KID INSANE?!" Evelyn yelled in shock.

"He may be insane. What he also is though, is Spider-Man," Violet replied simply as Bob and Lucius were telling everyone to brace as Lucius started making a large amount of snow to cushion the impact of the turning Hydrofoil boat, which slowed the boat to an eventual halt. We all got off the boat and we all stared at the sky, watching the plane fly straight up into the air. Then...the plane blew up...and we all went silent. We thought he was gone...until...

"Wait! Look!" Dash shouted, as he pointed at a rapidly falling red and black dot. It was Peter...he was....well he was unconscious but alive.

"Bob. Throw me," I told Bob. He looked at me in shock and confusion.

"What?!" He asked.

"THROW ME! Voyd, make a Portal where Spider-Man is falling!" I instructed. Voyd nervously nodded and tried to make a Portal where Peter was going to fall, Bob grabbing me and throwing me through a portal. I was flung out of the other portal, now up close to Peter and catching him as Voyd's portal closes. I made the chute, gently lowering both me and the still unconscious Peter to the ground. Violet, Dash and the other would be heroes all ran up to Peter.

"Peter? Peter! You okay?!" Violet asked as she immediately tried shaking Peter awake. He wasn't responding. I placed my head to his chest to try and hear his heartbeat...nothing. Immediately realizing there was something severely wrong, I started giving Peter chest compressions.

"Violet! Try and force some air into Peter's lungs! Like after he fell into the ocean!" I instructed. Violet stopped for a moment, trying to remember what exactly we did. Then she remembered, taking a breath and holding Peter's nose closed and pressed her mouth to his. I saw Peter's chest rise and fall as Violet repeated the process 3 more times.

"He-Lectrix! Come here!" I instructed, he went up.

"What do you need me to do?" He asked.

"Hands on his chest. Charge them up with electricity!" I instructed further. He-Lectrix nodded and went over to Peter, putting his hands right over Peter's chest. Violet immediately backed away.

"Clear!" He-Lectrix called out as he discharged the electricity into Peter. His whole body arched upwards as his muscles contracted with electricity. Once his muscles relaxed again, I checked for his heartbeat again. Once again, nothing.

"Try again," I said as He-Lectrix charged his hands again.

"Clear!" He-Lectrix called out again, as another burst of electricity went into Peter. His muscles contracted again as he arched upwards again. I was about to check for another heartbeat but before I could Peter shot awake and sat up, punching He-Lectrix and knocking him out.

"AH! Oh! Oh god, sorry! Sorry, that's my bad! Before I went unconscious, my Spider-Sense was going nuts! Sorry, I just needed to punch something. Oh, that's a purple heart," Peter said as he got up and tried to help He-Lectrix up.

A police officer went up to Peter with something in his hands.

"The lady had this in her pocket. I take it this belongs to you?" He said to Peter as he held out, the mask of Spider-Man. Peter nodded simply as he took the mask.

"Thank you officer. I appreciate the help," He said, trying to put a heroic tone in his voice.

Peter POV

Once I got my mask back, I immediately walked over to Violet. I took her mask off and handed it back to her.

"I believe this is yours," I joked. She took the mask back at put it back onto her. I put my mask back on over my face and let my lenses recalibrate and readjust to me.

"So...which movie you in the mood for?" Violet asked me.

"Uh...I hear Dementia 113 is out. That might be fun," I said casually. We both chuckled and went back to the group.

"Just because you saved me, doesn't make you right," Evelyn said to Elastigirl as she was forced into the police car.

"I am so sorry. I hope she gets punished to the full extent of the law," Winston said, truly apologetic to all of us.

"Eh she's rich. She'll probably get nothing more than a slap on the wrist," Violet sarcastically said.

"Wow, when did my nonexistent Cynical thinking get into you?" I joked. We all stood in a group as reporters came and took pictures. We all saw the headlines the next day.

HEROES SAVE AMBASSADORS. LEGALIZATION FINALIZED! THE WORLD IS SUPER AGAIN!