Chapter 34: Stark

After laying out the plan, Winston had left the choice to Elastigirl to if she wanted to be the first representative for supers. I on the other hand did not get that choice. Tony had in essence made thr choice for me. The 4 of us were walking to Lucius's car to head homr, but Tony stopped us.

"You three just keep the car ready alright? I need to borrow the kid. Hey. Spider-Man, can I talk to you?" Tony asked me. I went over to him, and he started examining me.

"So. How does it all fit?" He asked me suddenly.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked in response to the sudden inquery.

"The suit. The webshooters, the mask. How does it all fit?" Tony repeated.

"It uh...fits well?" I responded in confusion.

"Any issues with anything?" Tony asked again.

"It sometimes is a bit difficult to swap web cartridges, and my lenses sometimes don't autofocus," I listed off.

"Ugh. I was afraid of that. See I told Edna to give me more time, but she was so testy about meeting a deadline," Tony complained.

"Wait wait wait. Edna? As in, Edna Mode?" I asked in surprise.

"No. Edna Lavine. Of course Edna Mode!" Tony replied in a snarky manner.

"You know Edna Mode?" I asked.

"Know her? I'm her tech associate," Tony responded.

"Woah...that's amazing!" I said in astonishment.

"What's your name kid?" Tony asked.

"Spider-Man," I responded immediately.

"No no. Your real name. Who's the kid under the mask?" Tony asked again. I hesitated greatly on taking my mask off.

"Alright. If I tell you something, will you tell me your name?" Tony negotiated.

"Uh...sure?" I responded. Tony took out what looked like a small remote, that had his car keys attached to one end. He pushed a button on the small remote and his car's trunk popped open, red and yellow metal plates flew out of the trunk and latched to Tony's body. When this sudden change was finished, there stood a hero from the golden ages.

"I....Iron Man?" I asked in awe.

"Yep. When supers were legal, I was one of the heroes in New Urbam," Tony confirmed.

"Now. Come on. Show me who you are," Tony ordered. I gathered myself and grabbed the top of my mask and pulled it off, revealing my face to Tony.

"My name is Peter Parker...and I'm Spider-Man," I said shakily.

"Parker...your uncle wouldn't happen to be Ben Parker, would it?" Tony asked. The question surprised me, and made me a bit uncomfortable to answer.

"Y....Yeah...." I confirmed. Tony gave a sentimental look, and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Your uncle was the best in the NUPD. Both with being a good officer, and being a good friend. He supported us supers no matter what," Tony said.

"He....did?" I asked in surprise.

"Yeah. He still fought for us, even long after we were outlawed. The fact that you, his nephew are a superhero now...he'd be proud. Really proud," Tony said.

"Thank you...Mr. Stark," I thanked.

"Please. Mr. Stark was my father, just call me Tony," He said.