Chapter 3: Parr For The Course

"Uh...excuse me?" The voice was female, and I quickly closed the book so I wouldn't be found out. I looked up to where the voice came from, and it was a girl that was about my height. She was relatively thin and she had long pitch black hair that covered most of her face. She wore a dark blue hoodie and she was wearing dark grey jeans.

"Uh...may I help you?" I asked casually. She shifted awkwardly and had this look that told me she didn't want to talk much.

"Is this seat taken?" She asked softly, I gave a simple head shake to let her know that she could sit there if she wanted to. I went back to flipping through my Spider-Man stuff, trying to keep the contents of my notebook hidden from this girl.

"Are you new here?" The girl asked me.

"No...I've been going for about a month. My name's Peter, Peter Parker," I replied without making eye contact.

"Don't you live with that nice lady a fee houses down?" The girl asked again.

"She's my aunt," I responded once more.

"I'm Violet," the girl introduced. I chuckled a bit.

"What's so funny?" She asked me in a slightly offended tone.

"Your name. It uh...seems to correlate with your personality," I said.

"How so?" She asked in confusion.

"You seem to want to make yourself invisible. Based on how you joined me in the back of the bus. Violet makes me think of Ultraviolet Light, who's lightwaves are naturally invisible to human eyes," I explained, leaving Violet with this sort of dumbfounded look on her face.

"That's interesting...I guess," Violet awkwardly said in response to my breakdown.

"Don't take me seriously, I might be looking too far into it," I chuckled.

"How come I've never noticed you before?" Violet asked.

"I just tend to become another face in a crowd. I'm good at doing that," I simply said. The bus stopped at school and we all got off to head into the school. Turns out I have a few classes with Violet, and I had to amp up my sneaky Spider-Man development during my classes. For example, in chemistry I'm needing to try and keep things literally under the table while I try to make my web fluid; since not only is my teacher walking around to see if we're all on task but I keep noticing Violet giving occasional glances at me trying to figure out what I'm doing with this random beaker and specific set of chemicals. That's just one example of what I've been trying to do with Violet sort of being an obstacle. Despite all of that though, I designed a belt that goes under my suit that is lined with cartridges filled with web fluid in the event that I run out halfway through a fight.

This trend carried on for the rest of the week. Then came the day that the Parr family would come to dinner. I got home and immediately stowed my suit into my hidden closet corner and folded my sleeves over my webshooters. The doorbell rang and Aunt May opened the door.

"Bob! Helen! Come on in. Peter! They're here!" I heard May shout happily as I came down the stairs. There was a lady with brown hair that was wearing a white shirt and black pants and a man that was really tall and seemingly muscular. He was wearing a button up shirt and jeans

"Peter, glad to meet you. I'm Helen Parr and this is my husband Bob Parr," Mrs. Parr introduced as I went up and shook her hand.

"Firm grip you have there, Peter," Mrs. Parr complimented. I guess I accidentally let some of my strength slip out.

"Thank you, ma'am," I thanked as I shook Mr. Parr's hand. I had to mentally prepare myself afterwards because Bob had quite a strong grip, even stronger than my own.

"Yeah. Quite the grip, kid," Mr. Parr also complimented as he gave me a bit of a suspicious look.

"Uh...thank you sir," I said as I released his hand. It was then that a boy walked in. The kid had freckles on hisbface and had blond hair that looks like he stood in a wind tunnel.

"Hey, I hear you're new to the neighborhood. I'm Dash, the cool guy on the block," Dash said as I rose an eyebrow in amusement.

"Alright cool guy," I said, letting Dash live his little fantasy.

"I see you met my little brother," I heard an all too familiar voice say.