Chapter 17: Missing

So it's been about 3 weeks since that meeting with Edna. Bob's been going on a lot more hero missions. He's been making life good for his family. Although...I don't think Bob got home from his last mission. He left like....3 days ago. I feel terrible...I feel like I need to tell Helen in case she's worried.

But she might ask how I would know... I thought to myself as I contemplated as I started to bounce a ball against a wall. Aunt May had left to go grocery shopping, so I had the house to myself. The doorbell went off and I went down to the door to see who it was. I opened the door and it was Violet at the door.

"Oh. Hey Violet, uh...what's up?" I asked in casual confusion.

"What do you work on? I told you my secret-"

"I found out your secret," I interrupted.

"You found out my secret, whatever! Now it's your turn. What are you hiding, Parker," Violet ordered.

"Wow. You actually think you have any control over what I tell you?" I asked slyly.

"Look. My mom left and Dash is super annoying right now. I just sort of need...something to take my mind off of things," Violet confessed.

"See, honesty is always better," I joked as I let her in. She walked in and looked around, seeing the various pictures of a younger me with Aunt May and Uncle Ben.

"Who's this?" Violet asked, pointing at a picture with Uncle Ben in it.

"Him? That's my uncle, Ben Parker. He uh...made me the person I am right now. He was my moral compass, my role model," I explained.

"Was? What happened to him?" Violet asked. My heart stopped for a brief moment. In my mind, I tried to recall the memory in a way that would keep my identity safe.

"He died...doing a good thing. He tried to stop an armed robbery, grabbed the guy and wrestled him to the ground. Guy pulled the trigger, gun was at Ben's chest...and uh...I have no uncle anymore," I recalled. Violet had this look of just...slackjawed awe? Sadness? I don't know, her hair kept covering her face.

"He meant a lot of you?" Violet pressed.

"Yep. Most important man of my life," I answered.

"How....how did you handle that?" Violet asked. I had to stop for a moment and remember that moment. I had the bastard, in my grip, ready to drop him.

Obviously I can't say that though I mentally scolded.

"I...I felt mad. Since I felt like a good man was robbed of a good life with his wife and nephew. I wanted to go and find who the guy is and enact vengeance...but I remembered 2 things. One, I remembered that I'm a human being, not a superhero. The second one is that Ben wouldn't want me to do that," I elaborated.

"Oh...well....I'm sorry. I didn't know," Violet apologized.

"It's alright; I just tend to get emotional when Uncle Ben gets brought up," I declined. Soon enough I saw the car drive up to the Parr house, indicating that Helen had just gotten home.

"Your mom's home...and she's carrying a duffle bag and a uh....metal briefcase?" I told Violet. The metal briefcase caught my interest, since I wasn't sure what could be in there. Maybe my new suit? Violet left and turned invisible to get back inside without her mom noticing. I decided that maybe I'd go over to the Parr's house and hang out there. Mrs. Parr looked a bit stressed about something.

"Uh hi Mrs. Parr. Aunt May's out at the moment, could I stay here for a bit?" I asked politely.

"Sure thing Peter," She responded with a bit of an exhaustive tone.

"Is uh...something wrong?" I asked.

"Just something involving Bob," She responded plainly.

"What about him?" I asked, worried that I would actually know the asnwer.

"Just some stuff...personal stuff that Bob should have stopped with a long time ago," She explained. I suddenly had this guilty feeling as I know where Bob's been for the last few weeks; but I don't know if I should tell Mrs. Parr where Bob is.

"Now I think Bob's involved in something dangerous and I don't know what to do," Mrs. Parr somewhat grieved.

"He's been doing hero work again. I...I helped him," I finally admitted.

"What? Peter are you sure?" Mrs. Parr asked as she looked at me.

"Yes. Positive, I know it sounds nuts but I have powers," I confessed, hopping onto the side wall to prove it.

"Hm....I knew it," Mrs. Parr noted with a smirk.

"Wait what?" I asked in surprise as I let go of the wall.

"After Violet got suspicious about you, I got suspicious too. My suspicions got a bit closer when an old friend of mine gave me something meant for someone else. Now...just now? When you showed off your powers? I knew I was right," She broke down.

"So...wait are you a super?" I realized. She smirked and stretched her arm out and around me.

"Elastigirl?!" I shouted in shock.

"Yep. Mr. Incredible's wife is Elastigirl," She joked.

"So I'm assuming the thing Edna gave me belongs to you?" She asked, holding up the metal case.

"Yeah. Edna made me a new suit," I answered.

"When we get inside, tell them," Mrs. Parr ordered, referring to her kids.