Chapter 62: In The Now

We were being driven in a limo back to the house in a limo. I was sat between Violet and Dash, head leaned back as I stared at the sky. It was about sunset now, after all the press conferences and photo ops for the papers and television interviews.

"Something on your mind?" Elastigirl asked me.

"Just trying to tell him that we did it. Enough said," I replied simply. Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl both knew who "he" was so they both smiled a bit. We go to the house and I went over to Aunt May's room, unlocking the door and opening it.

"Hey May. We're back," I called out. She opened her closet door slowly and peeked out.

"Did....did you guys win?" She asked me. I chuckled a bit, and nodded with a smile. She ran up and hugged me with a big smile.

"Good! Oh, did you guys do it? Are superheroes legal again?" She asked Mrs. Parr and myself frantically.

"Yep. Supers are legal and officially operating again. They're reassembling the National Supers Agency as we speak," Mrs. Parr said with a nod. May was absolutely elated and could barely be contained.

"Oh! What about Gwen?" May asked.

"Gwen will be working with Tony Stark to try and find the Avengers and bring them back together. With Ghost Spider as an official member in New Urbam," I explained.

"What about all of us?" May asked when she looked at the house.

"The Agency said they'll fix this house up. We'll still be able to live here," Mrs. Parr explained.

"Ok. That makes sense," May replied. I yawned, the tiredness from being mind controlled now setting in since I've been up all night against my will.

"Well...I'll head to sleep. Wake me up....whenever," I said as I went to my room and crashed onto my bed. I was about to fall asleep....about to being the keyword.

"Peter Parker. I have questions for you," I heard Violet's voice say to me. I opened my eyes and sat myself upright to face the confused Violet.

"What's up?" I asked semi-groggily.

"Gwen has your powers right?" Violet asked me.

"She should? She got bit by the same spider apparently," I replied with a raised eyebrow.

"When I was fighting Gwen, her Spider-Sense was firing on full blast. It would almost impossible to hit her until I got a moment to throw Voyd into her," She told me.

"Uh huh....where is this going?" I asked again, wondering where Violet's going with this.

"Yet when I took your controller mask off, it was....shockingly easy. Like too easy, your Spider-Sense didn't go off at all with me on particular. Why is that?" Violet asked me.

"Ohhh. Ok, see that's just how my Spider-Sense works. It works on my personal perception of what a threat might be to me or my identity. Normally, I would be able to sense if someone is close to discovering my identity. There are exceptions though. Aunt May, you, Dash, Jack Jack, Lucius and your mom and dad are the exceptions to the rule. I don't perceive any of you as threats to me. Which was why it was so difficult to try and hide my identity from you, I didn't know if you were close or not," I explained.

"You chucked Dash like a football though," Violet countered.

"That was just Evelyn making me use my reflexes. That wasn't Spider-Sense," I rebutted.

"Ohhh. Wait why was I not considered a threat?" Violet asked.

"I didn't think you would have a reason to try and hurt me," I said with a shrug. I could barely keep myself awake, so Violet saw me collapse and fall asleep immediately.