Chapter 41: Who?

Peter POV

It was the next morning and I was having to get ready for school.

"Why don't you just swing over to the house Peter?" Helen asked me.

"It's 6:30. Bus would have left already," I responded quickly as I put my webshooters on and shoved my suit into my backpack.

"So just swing to the bus," Helen replied casually.

"Ooh. Good idea," I said as I put my webshooters onto my wrists and leaned onto the window.

"Bus should be passing by here in 3....2....1..." I muttered to myself as I saw the bus driving by under the hotel.

"Bingo. See you tonight Elastigirl. Keep me posted on updates," I said as I jumped out of the window and started swinging above the bus. I had to keep out of the lines of sight of pretty much everybody so I had to keep high above the bus. As the bus came to a stop light I decided to make a webline onto a flagpole so I could rappel down it like a rope on a wall. I landed next to the window where Violet was sitting and knocked on it. She freaked out when she saw me, and I was telling her to open the window. She slid down the window and I slunk myself inside, sitting down next to her.

"Thanks Vi....are you okay?" I asked as I noticed she looked like she regresssed back to when I met her...except looking way more sad.

"Tony ditched me on our Friday date. Then when I saw him and talked to him, he acted like he didn't know me!" Violet whispered, seething at the last part. I had this confused look on my face. Since it seemed like Tony actually came around to like Violet, so it was unusual that he would not only forget about their movie date, but that tony would just....forget that Violet existed at all.

"Okay that's weird. Alright, here's what I'll do. I have Tony as a lab partner today in science, I'll ask him what happened there and try to see if I can get anything from that. Okay?" I explained. Violet nodded in confirmation that she was fine with the idea. So when science came around, that's exactly what I did.

"Hey Tony," I started, setting my backpack down under the table.

"Hey Peter, ready for science?" Tony asked me.

"Dude I might as well be made for science," I joked, sitting down at the lab desk.

"Glad you are," Tony responded, sitting next to me. Now I decided to do what I promised Violet I would do.

"Say Tony, what happened between you and Violet? I thought you two had a movie date?" I asked, prompting Tony to turn to me with a look of genuine wonder on his face.

"Who?" Tony asked me.

So this is what Violet was talking about. I thought to myself as I tried to make a response to what Tony said.

"Black hair? You talked to her a few days ago? Track meet?" I listed off, hoping the track meet would spark his memory.

"See I remember the track meet. I don't remember any girl with black hair named Violet," Tony responded.

Oooookay. That's suspicious and not on Tony's part. I thought to myself. That can't be possible! Tony remembers everything else but talking to Violet. He wouldn't have this selective of a memory. No human being has that selectivr of a memory by nature. Which means that he might not be lying, he really doesn't remember Violet...not anymore at least.

Lunch came around and I told Violet about what my thought process was.

"So you're telling me that you think that Tony really doesn't remember me...but he remembers everything else?" Violet asked.

"Yeah and I think something happened that made him forget you and you in particular," I explained further. Violet sighed a bit in a mix of sadness and relief.

"So...what do you suggest?" Violet asked suddenly.

"Huh?" I asked in response.

"Should I try and fix things with Tony? Hope whatever messed with his memory goes away and he and I can have that movie date?" She asked, building on her question.

"Being honest? Based on what I've gathered, it might be best if you just leave Tony to his own devices. Whatever happened to his memory might have happened for a reason. If nothing else, just try and make a friend of Tony. Nothing more, okay?" I suggested.