Chapter 44: Rush to Rescue

Okay, so apparently this Screenslaver guy hijacked one of the Ambassador's helicopters. Which one though....which one?! I'm chasing all of these helicopters around the city while trying to use my spider-sense to find this stupid Screenslaver guy. I swung onto a helicopter and tried to get an image of what was inside. Mainly I was trying to see if the pilots seemed lifeless with a stare.

They seem fine....wait...6 o'clock! I thought to myself as I jumped from the helicopter I was on and landed onto the helicopter behind it. The Ambassador was inside the helicopter I was now on. I kicked in the window and crawled into the window.

"Spider-Man! What is going on?!" The Ambassador asked me in shock.

"Stay in your seat and stay low, ma'am! You're in danger!" I instructed as I went up to the cockpit and kicked the door open. The pilots has the blank stare with the vibrant screen. I punched the screen, shattering it and shutting it off. Then I smacked the pilots to snap them out of the blank stares.

"Wake up geniuses! Ambassador's in danger!" I yelled as they came to. As they started steering the chopper again, my spider sense went off and the other chopper was veering to our.

"Oh crap!" I yelled as I threw the pilots out the window, making a web net for them to land on. I ran back to the back and flung the side door open.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we're having a bit of turbulence. We are forces to evacuate. Please remain calm while your pilot guides you through the proper procedures!" I quickly rattled off as I threw people out of the plane, making web nets for each of them. I grabbed hold of the Ambassador and jumped out myself, shooting a web line to attach to a building and used it to guide us both safely to the ground. The now empty chopper fell into the water.

"Goodness Spider-Man! Thank you very much!" She said as she shook my hand.

"Don't thank me, ma'am. This was all Elastigirl's idea," I said as I jumped to swing off and bring down the other chopper. I shot web after web to try and gum up the propellers in order to bring it down slowly but steady. Eventually the chopper was slow enough for me to make a web wall to catch it and stop it.

"Elastigirl, Ambassador is safe. What's your status?" I asked through my mask's earpiece. I initially got radio silence, which unnerved me greatly. Then I got a response.

"Mysterio got away. Let's just fall back for tonight. We protected the Ambassador, that's all that matters," Elastigirl said.

"Got it. Heading to you now," I said as I started swinging up to Elastigirl's location. We eventually got back to each other.

"So uh...guess I was right about Mysterio, right?" I joked awkwardly.

"You're right Peter. Mysterio exists, but something tells me this Screenslaver guy is working with Mysterio," Elastigirl relented.

"You too? I had the same thought, I'm just wondering which one is in charge," I said.