14

New York ,Raizada house
     Arnav Singh Raizada walked downstairs from his room in his full glory. In his classic black three piece suit,Rolex watch,Gucci shoes,he looked hot as hell.

   But he was surprised to see the gloomy atmosphere in the hall. He saw his nani sitting with sad face and tear glistening eyes between his Mama and Mami. They both were consoling the old lady while trying to hide their sadness.

   "Are they thinking about Akash and Anjali?" thought Arnav.
   But soon his confusion increased more when he heard his nani's sad voice saying
  "Alas. If Advay beta was hear,we would be celebrating his birthday today. But now we,the elders have to do the prayer on his death anniversary. How cruel fate can be" (sigh..)

   "Maaji. We can't do anything about it. I also sometimes think,if Advay was here,then there would not be any evil Anjali in our life. And Arnav would not have to suffer so much from childhood" Manorama added sighing in grief.

   "If Advay was here,he would have taken care of Arnav. He would not have left him to suffer. And he would have guided Akash to right path. He was such an intelligent kid." Manohar also said.

  Now Arnav was getting more confused.

  "Who is this Advay?" asked Arnav loudly gaining attention of his family.

  Manohar and Manorama sighed realizing Arnav had heard them while Devyani devi shook her head with a sigh.

  "Dear,Advay was your older brother. Advay Singh Raizada, such a cute boy he was. You are splitting image of him. He was 4 year older than you. He met with an accident and left us. After that your mother became hysterical and they had to adopt Anjali,the elder child of Kapoors,persuaded by your Dadi. We were against it was Anjali was not a nice child since young. She used to beat Advay. But your Dadi was adamant. Then you were born. And Ratna somehow came out of the grief" explained Devyani devi.

   "We are sorry child. We had to hide this so that Anjali does not feel bad. It was a promise taken by your mother. And we had to respect that" said Manohar in sorrow.

  Arnav was shocked. He never thought Anjali was not his sister.

  "So this is the reason behind the attempts on my life by Anjali. She knew she was not my sister." thought Arnav.

  Later the Raizadas offered offerings to the God for the deceased Advay along with a new addition Arnav.

   Arnav stayed at home that day to accompany his family. He heard the childhood tales of his dead brother. He laughed along with them. He also griefed for his brother he never knew about.

   Aman walked in the house,surprised at the sight of white clad Raizada family. Then Arnav explained him about Advay. Aman also felt sad for missing out a big brother.

   The Raizadas spend the day in sorrow where as Advay and Khushi Singhania spent the day getting closer..