Chapter 1

I ran through the streets of Hollywood. Yes, I live in Hollywood. My name is Emma Elizabeth Mardy. And my life is about to be over.

My feet carried me to an empty ally. I sat down and let the tears flow. I thought back to the very beginning of what was killing me.

(Flashback)

*6 Months Ago*

I slammed my books down on the desk. I hated study hall. Not that I hated the class, I just hated the people in it. I slumped in my chair and put my headphones in. I blasted "New Religion" by Black Veil Brides. I loved this song. I got out my chemistry papers and started working on my project. I was practically done, I just needed to put it together and add a bit more information.

After a few seconds, I realized that the chair next to me was moving. I looked up to see my friend Tyler Smith sitting down next to me. We weren't good friends, but he was a good guy. I smiled. He smiled back. "You're about the only person in this room that I like," he said with a smile. I laughed.

"Same to you," I stated. It was true. There was like two people in this class that I could stand. He was definitely the top one. "So what's up?" I asked as I looked at him again. His dirty blonde hair was pretty short and straight, and his bright blue eyes were insanely pretty and hypnotizing. I looked away.

"Nothing. You? Are you working on a project or something?" he asked as he eyed my papers.

"Yup, for chemistry," I said as I wrote down the last bit of info onto the paper. "I'll finish it later. It's not due till next week, anyways," I shrugged as I put the papers back in my folder.

"Cool," he said. I smiled. The rest of the class went by quickly as we chatted about random things.

Then he asked if I was going to homecoming, which was next weekend. "Um, yeah," I stammered. When he asked me, I got a weird feeling in my stomach. Why? "Are you?"

"Yeah, I think. Even though the dances are pretty boring. It's cool to hang out with people, I guess," he shrugged. I felt kind of disappointed. Had I expected him to ask me? The bell then rang. "Bye, Emma," he said as he walked away.

"Bye, Tyler."

My thoughts were pretty jumbled the rest of the day. I don't understand why I expected him to ask me, or why I wanted him to. Besides, I'm pretty sure he had a girl friend. A pretty, skinny girl friend. Which is the total opposite of me. I threw that thought away and walked to my next class.

(A/N: The next few chapters will still be part of this flashback, I'll let you know when the flashback ends)