Chapter 6

It was seven o'clock now. I had to be home by nine so I could shower and get ready for school tomorrow. We had just pulled up to the BVB house and were walking inside. Ash had his arm around my waist and I blushed uncontrollably. It's not everyday that you can say Ashley Purdy had his arm around you.

CC had decided to give up with the "pretty lady" jokes and such. It was now Ash that wouldn't leave me alone. Not that I minded.

We were eating dinner now. Andy had made spaghetti. It wasn't too bad. 

"So," Ash began. "When do you need to be home?"

"Probably in an hour or two," I muttered sadly. I really didn't want to leave.

"When do you think you can come over next?" he then unexpectedly asked.

I choked on the bite of spaghetti I had in my mouth. "What?" I squeaked. I had thought they were just letting me come over to help me back on my feet. I was obviously doing a lot better now; why would they want me to come back over?

"We're best friends, right? Don't best friends hang out all the time?" Ash said with a wink.

"Um, yeah, I guess... Uh, I don't know when I can come over next.. probably next weekend. Or any day after school, I guess."

"Cool, I'll just pick you up whenever, then," he flashed a smile.

I gulped. This was too amazing to be true. I pinched my arm to see if I was dreaming. Oddly enough, I was awake, and I wasn't just dreaming that Ashley Purdy was really calling me his best friend. "Okay," I said weakly. This was just too much to take in.

Two hours went by quickly. Ash drove me home. We sat in silence for most of the ride, listening to the We Stitch These Wounds album, singing along and then chatting for a few minutes. Then we pulled up to my house.

"Here, let me get your number so I can let you know when I'm coming to get you," Ash murmered as he took out his cell phone.

"Okay," I mumbled and then told him my number.

"Alright, Emma, goodnight. I'll see you soon," he said as he leaned over and kissed my cheek. I blushed , opened the door and got out of the car, and went up to my house. I stepped inside the house, and screamed before everything went black.

(AN: Sorry it's really short. There wasn't much I could put in it, though D: anyways, you'll find out what happens in the next chapter. Not really that exciting, but, it adds to the story and... well, you'll see :D )