Chapter 3

As the dance came to an end, he asked me to be his girlfriend, and I, of course, said yes. He kissed me goodbye and then left. Tara and I went to her house (I was staying the night at her house) and that was the end of that seemingly perfect night; I had the guy that I wanted, what could go wrong?

*End of Flashback*

"EVERYTHING!" I wanted to scream at my stupid self. "EVERYTHING CAN GO WRONG! HE CHEATED ON HIS GIRLFRIEND WITH YOU, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK HE WON'T CHEAT ON YOU?" But it was too late, 6 months too late, to warn myself. The tears were still falling, but they had calmed down. I was coming close to the end. I decided to think back to earlier tonight.

*Flashback*

The next 6 months were amazing; Tyler and I were inseperable. I loved him, and I had thought that he loved me, too. But tonight would prove that theory to be false.

I was going to his house; it was our six months anniversary, and I wanted to surprise him. The front door was unlocked, so I stepped in the house. "Tyler? Where are you?" I didn't hear an answer, but I did hear noises coming from his room. I quietly knocked on the door. "Tyler?" no answer. I turned the door knob. It was unlocked, surprisingly, considering what I saw when I opened the door; him and Gina.

I gasped, and Tyler looked at me. "Emma... wait.. it's... I'm so sorry..."

"What the fuck ever, Tyler. We're done," I shouted. As I said this, my heart ripped into a million pieces. Tears spilled over as I turned from his room. I ran to my house, which was just a few blocks away, and grabbed my knife. I knew what I was going to do tonight. I couldn't stand this pain, and I'd only been feeling it for a few minutes. I couldn't live with this. I grabbed paper and a pencil. I couldn't commit suicide without telling everyone what happened, could I? So I wrote a suicide note.

To whom it may concern,

I'm sorry. But... I just can't live with this. Tyler cheated on me. I should have known. But... I loved him. I can't do this anymore. It just hurts, so much. I'm sorry, and I love you all, especially you, Tyler. I hope you know that. But what you did was just too much. Goodbye.

~Emma Mardy

I threw it in my desk drawer, knowing someone would find it when they found my body, and just ran. I ran out the door and down the street. It was already dark, and I ran into a dark alley and let the tears fall and the pain wash over me and the flashbacks start...

*End of Flashback*

I was sobbing loudly now, after thinking about what had caused these fresh wounds. I heard someone walking towards me, but I was too caught up in my own world to look at who it was. I brought the knife down to my wrist, and right before I cut into my skin, a hand grabbed mine. I looked up, expecting it to be Tyler, but it wasn't.

"Don't you dare do that to yourself," the man said. He had extremely long black hair--longer than my blonde hair-- that was spiked up in the back and had some of it shaved off on the side. He had weird makeup all over his face; dark circles around his pretty brown eyes, and drawn-on lines on his pretty face.

"Ashley Purdy?" I gasped.