Chapter 20

6 Months Later

I was moved into Ricky's house by now. We'd gone to get all of my stuff from the BVB house a few days after tour was over. Ashley hadn't been there, but the rest of them were, and they told me to keep in touch.

Ricky and I were a couple, but I just couldn't seem to let go of Ashley. I'd still wake up some nights in a cold sweat after having a nightmare about him. I missed him so badly. After tour, he'd stopped trying to get ahold of me. In fact, I'd seen him a few times around the city with another girl. At first, I'd thought it was just different sluts he'd pick up, but I quickly realized that it was the same girl everytime. It seemed as if he'd moved on and found a new girlfriend. That hurt, too, but I'd done the same to him, so I just tried to forget it. Whenever I'd see them, Ashley would lock eyes with me and smile sadly. I'd turn away as his new girlfriend would look at me and I'd quickly walk away. I didn't want drama, and I definitely didn't want to talk to Ashley and his new girlfriend.

I'd still cry myself to sleep some nights. I just couldn't shake the fact that I still loved Ash. And even if I wanted to forgive him and get him back, he didn't want to. He'd moved on. And I needed to, also.

Every thought I had was about him. Everything I saw or heard reminded me of him. I just couldn't escape him, even if I went weeks without seeing him.

I loved Ricky, but most of my heart belonged to Ashley.

After a few more months, the pain lessened, or I got stronger, either one. I could go weeks without crying or feeling the pain, but I knew that I'd never fully get over him.

***************************************************************************

I woke up screaming and I jolted upright. I looked around the dark room and sighed, relieved, and fell back onto the bed. "Just a nightmare," I muttered.

"You okay, hun?" Ricky asked in a sleepy voice as his arm wrapped around me.

"Yes, babe. Go back to sleep. I'm sorry I woke you," I said quietly as I kissed his forehead.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" he asked, ignoring what I'd said.

"No, just go back to bed," I muttered as I snuggled up to him.

"Okay, we'll talk in the morning," he mumbled as he drifted back off to sleep.

I couldn't sleep, all I could think about was the nightmare. But, the thing was, I could barely even remember it. All I remembered was that Ashley was in it, and that it was absolutely terrifying.

Finally, I drifted back to sleep, only to wake up in the morning, screaming at the top of my lungs. I'd had the same dream, but this time, I remembered it.

I was in a long, black dress. Long black gloves covered my arms and hands. My hair was curled and pinned up, and I had a black veil covering the top half of my face. My eyes had black eyeliner and eyeshadow on them, and I had a ton of bright red, glossy lipstick on. It dribbled down my lips and onto my chin. It took me a few minutes to realize that it wasn't lipstick, it was blood. I had the "scar" that Andy paints on his face, but it wasn't just makeup, it was actually cut into my skin and sewn up.

"What is going on?" I asked. There were dead roses laid on the floor, and I finally realized that they made a path. I started walking down it, and as soon as I put my foot down, wedding music started playing.

"Who's there?" I asked as I picked up the pace. I turned the corner and came face to face with Ashley. He grabbed my hands and an evil grin spread across his face.

"Oh, Emma, it's only me," he said in a calm, wicked voice.

"Ash, let go," I murmured as I tried to pull my hands out of his iron grip.

"Emma, I love you. Please, don't leave me," he said in a scared voice as his grin turned into a frown and his eyes became sad.

"Ashley.. what is going on?"

I felt something gooey and warm hit my hand. I looked down to see Ashley's skin melting. I gasped in fear and looked up, only to find the same thing happening to his face.

"Ashley?! What is happening?!"

"It's okay, baby. Just remember that I love you," he muttered before the evil grin returned. He let go of my hands, turned as if he were going to walk away, but then turned quickly back to me as he lunged for me. To add to my confusion and terror, he had fangs, and he was almost nothing more but a skeleton by the time he lunged at me.

And that's when I woke up, screaming. I didn't know what to make of the dream. Ashley had been some weird, psychotic, skeleton-vampire thing that obviously wanted me dead. I just shook the dream from my thoughts and got up. Ricky was already awake, so I went and hopped in the shower and got ready for the day. When I was finished, I went to the kitchen to find Ricky making breakfast.

"Morning, babe," he smiled. "Happy 8 months."

I returned the grin. "Goodmorning. And happy 8 months to you, too."

"Want some breakfast?"

"Of course! What are you making?" I asked as I heard a sizzling sound.

"Bacon and pancakes," he said as he turned back to the stove.

"Sounds yummy."

After a few minutes, he came over to the table with a plate and set it in front of me. "For you, m'lady," he bowed.

I giggled and kissed his cheek. "Thank you," I muttered.

"No problem," he smiled. "I love you."

"I love you, too," I grinned.

It's kind of short, and I'm sorry for the weird dream, I was just coming up with it off of the top of my head so... yeah, I know it's stupid and insanely weird, and idk why I even put it in here, but oh well(x just felt like it, I guess. So anyways, thank you all for reading <3 something big is gonna happen next chapter! It's almost over! And I probs won't make a sequel, so... yeah. :3