Chapter 9

*3 MONTHS LATER*

Ashley kissed me awake. Let's just say that it was a good start to the day.

I got up and showered and got ready for the day. An hour later, at about 10:30, I was ready.

"So, what are we doing today?" I asked as I skipped to Ash's side and pecked him on the lips.

"Um, well... We need to talk," he said as he nervously scratched his neck.

I gulped. This can't be good. I could already feel my heart aching.

"Okay.. about... what?" I questioned hesitantly.

"Well... it's about..." and then, his weird facial expression was replaced by a huge smile. "YOU COMING ON TOUR WITH US!"

My mouth dropped open and I slapped his arm. "Don't scare me like that!" I shouted. Then after a minute, I calmed down and smiled hugely. "I get to go on tour with you?" I whispered in disbelief.

Ash violently nodded his head, still wearing his huge smile. God, he was so cute. I grabbed his face and kissed him. I love him so much.

"I love you, too," he said with a smile.

"Oh shit, did I say that out loud?" I mumbled as my cheeks flared red. Then my eyes grew wide. Ashley Purdy had just told me he loved me. Mr. Player himself just said that he loved me.

I shouldn't believe it. I know I shouldn't. But I couldn't stop myself. I let his little statement settle in my mind and in my heart, and I knew that he now had the power to break it. But, he loved me. He wouldn't hurt me. Right?

I thought back to Tyler. He had told me he loved me many times. But... when Ash said it, it seemed so true. The way his eyes looked into mine with that loving shine to them, the way his mouth curved into a little vulnerable smile, it just seemed like he was being honest. And Ashley may be a player, but he isn't a liar.

"Hello? Are you okay..?" he asked as his expression grew worried.

"Sorry. Um, yeah, I'm... great," I smiled hugely and kissed him again. "So, when is this tour? And who else will be there?"

"Motionless in White and, oddly enough, Evanescence. It starts in a month. You get to share my bunk," he winked.

"We share a bed, what's so different about a bunk?" I asked.

"The size," Andy piped up from the kitchen table with a laugh. "A bunk is MUCH smaller than his bed."

My eyes widened again as I looked at Ash's hungrily shining eyes. He flashed me a grin and a wink and I gulped.

Jake and CC, who were sitting at the table also, began laughing. Jinxx was just walking out of his room. "What's so funny?" he asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"Ash is getting some on tour," CC explained.

"He is not!" I yelled as my cheeks turned bright pink.

"We'll see about that, baby," Ash whispered seductively in my ear. My eyes again grew wide as I thought about what they were saying.

"You know, he IS Ashley Purdy. You know that, right?" Jake said as everyone laughed.

"Umm..." was all I mumbled, and then I went back to mine and Ash's room.

Ash followed me into the room.

"Hey, we were just messing with you... sorta," he winked.

I laughed. "I know, I just had to come in here to find something... Do you know where my phone is?"