Chapter 8

*One Week Later*

"I can't even explain how thankful I am, you guys," I murmured to them as I tried to hold back tears.

"Well we weren't just going to let you live on the streets, now were we?" Jake said as he grinned at me. They each carried in a suitcase of mine, except CC, who was driving a small Uhaul truck with my dresser and small pieces of furniture, like the rocking chair that's been in my family for generations. He wasn't bringing my bed, though, because there was no extra room, so I was sharing Ash's room...and bed.

Ash and I were a couple now. He had talked to the guys about letting me move in with them and explained why, and they agreed without hesitation. They're kindness made me so happy. Which was why I was crying now; crying tears of joy.

Ash kissed my cheek and wiped the tears away. "Don't cry, baby," he whispered.

"I'm sorry. This is just so amazing," I smiled.

"Well, come on. Let's go put these in our room," he winked.

I smiled and rolled my eyes and thought back to the other night..

*Flashback*

"What do you mean I can come here?" I asked him when his lips left mine.

"I mean that you can stay here. I'm not letting you go back to that house. Someone was murdered there. You really think I'd do that? And I'm definitely not letting you live on the streets."

"You're saying... I can move in with you guys?" I screeched.

"Well, yes. I mean, I have to talk to the guys, but they won't mind.." Ash explained.

I smiled happily, forgetting everything bad that had happened and just hugged Ash. "Thank you so much, you have no idea how much this means to me," I whispered.

"Well you have no idea how much you mean to me," he whispered back as he kissed my hair.

I blushed and said "whatever," before he kissed me again.

Later that night, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I, of course, had to think about it. It was Ashley Purdy, the player himself, asking me to be his girlfriend. I had just been cheated on and I didn't want that to happen again... but Ash seemed different... I knew I was most likely just setting myself up for heartbreak again, but I decided I could try it. Who knows, maybe he was telling the truth earlier..

*End of Flashback*

I entered Ash's--and now mine, also-- room and dropped my suitcase. I fell onto the bed and groaned.

"You okay?" Ash asked as he sat down next to me.

"Yeah, just tired. And confused. The past month has been crazy. Actually, the past few years have been crazy," I said, referring to when my parents died, the whole Tyler thing, and then my grandmother getting murdered. Not to mention the bullies at school.

Ash wrapped his arms around my shoulders and hugged me. "Well hopefully things will start getting better from now on," he said with a smile.

"They already have," I smiled. He chuckled and kissed me quickly before a knock on the door made us jump.

"Yeah?" Ash called.

"Hey," CC said. "You wanna come help me with this dresser?"

"Oh, yeah, sure," Ash answered.

"I'll come, too," I said as I jumped up and went to the door and opened it to find CC walking to the front door.

We got the dresser in the room and put it in the Ash's giant closet. I unloaded all my clothes into it and then shoved my suitcases under the bed.