Chapter 4

I was so surprised. The tears stopped falling and my mind went blank. "Yes," he whispered in a soothing tone. "Please, drop the knife."

After a few seconds, I unfroze and looked at my hand that was gripping the knife. I unclenched my fist and the knife clattered to the ground. "What's your name?"

"Emma," I whispered.

"Well, Emma, you're coming with me," he said as he lifted me up. He had to be pretty strong to be able to lift me.

"No, please don't carry me, you'll drop me, and I'm scared of heights," I said in a frightened rush of words.

"I won't drop you, I promise," he said, but decided to set me down anyway. "How old are you?" he asked as he set me down to walk on my own, but he grabbed my hand.

"18. I graduate next  month."

He smiled. "Okay, well you're staying with me and the guys tonight. Now are you going to tell me what happened?"

"Are you gonna tell me how you found me?" I asked, still not believing that he was right here.

"Well, we were doing a concert in that building right there," he said as he pointed to a building across the street. "When I came outside after the show for some fresh air... I heard you... And so I came and found you about to..." he shuddered at the memory. I shuddered, too.

"Thank you... for saving me," I muttered, embarrassed that he had caught me trying to kill myself. Thinking back on it, it was silly. Why had I let a guy make me want to end my own life? After Ashley found me, I couldn't even remember why I was going to do it for a few minutes. Then everything flooded back, but with much less pain. Ashley's presence just seemed to take away all the pain.

Wow. I was really walking with the Ashley Purdy. And he had saved me. And he was holding my hand. And I was staying the night with him and his band, which happened to be my favorite band, Black Veil Brides.

"You're welcome, now would you like to tell me why you were gonna do that..?"

"Um, it actually seems kind of silly now.." I muttered.

"I doubt it. Even if it seems silly, it had to have hurt you enough to make you want to do that. I won't judge, I promise," he said as he looked into my eyes with a very serious expression on his face.

"Um, okay.. well, I was going to my boyfriend's-- well, ex- boyfriend's-- house and..." I paused, and then the rest rushed out quickly as tears spilled over. I told him about finding him and Gina and then how he tried to appologize, as if that would fix everything. When I finished telling him, I was sobbing again, and he pulled me to him and hugged me tightly and let my tears ruin his shirt.

"It's okay... It'll be okay, I promise," he whispered. His soft voice in my ear sent shivers through me. "Come on, let's get to the house. You need to get some sleep," he said as he took my hand and started walking towards the building they had done the concert in.

We walked backstage and I saw the rest of the guys. They were all packing up their things, and Ashley went over to them and told them what happened to me and that I would be staying the night with them tonight. They all nodded and looked over at me with sad smiles on their faces. But I wasn't sad anymore; I was smiling like crazy at them. I had makeup running down my face and my face was wet from the tears, so I probably looked crazy. But I was backstage with my favorite band. There was no way I could be sad.

After they packed up, they came over to me. Andy was first. "Hey there, Emma. I'm Andy Biersack," he said as he hugged me.

"I know that," I said into his chest. "Black Veil Brides is my favorite band, I know who all of you guys are," I said with a laugh.