Chapter 1

Chapter 1: That Halloween Night

While they were hiding from Lord Voldemort, Lily and James Potter didn't take their time for granted. They knew death was a merciless thing that wouldn't wait until they were ready to go.

Because of this, they enjoyed every second they could with their children, Percy and Harry. Watching them grow was their only desire, but Fate can be a cruel thing. Only because of a dam prophecy the future they wanted to have would crumble down into pieces, leaving nothing but the wonder of what could have happened if things went differently.

And so, on the 31st of October, Voldemort arrived, marking the beginning of a new era, and destroying a family that would no longer be happy.

Before everything happened, however, Percy, in his 3 year old body, was playing in the living room with a broomstick James had bought a few nights before, while Harry was asleep in his mother's arms. The Potter family couldn't be better.

Sadly, everything went wrong really fast. James urged Lily to take the children upstairs, determined to protect his family, even if he knew it was pointless.

Young Percy can only remember a few things about that night, but his memories are enough to give him nightmares. His mother's cries, the terrible face of a murderer, the killing curse... and the death of his loved ones.

Once she had closed the door, Lily had turned to her oldest son, trying to keep the tears from falling.

"I love you, Percy. You and Harry are the best thing that ever happened to me. I am really proud of both of you, and I know that you will grow up to become wonderful people" while saying this, a crash was heard outside of the room, and Lily couldn't hide her sadness any longer, letting the sorrowful cries escape "Now, Percy, I need you to promise mommy something, ok?"

Percy, confused by the situation, could only nod. Why was mommy like that? What was making mommy so worried? He didn't understand enough of what was happening, as he was so young, but he did know that something awful was going on.

"Promise me that you will always protect your brother, no matter what" Lily asked, despite knowing that Percy was only 3 years old. She had to trust that her son would do as she asked, even if she wasn't there to see it.

"Always" Percy said, stablishing a lifelong promise with that word.

In the distance, a cloaked man was approaching, letting his presence get known by stepping loudly on the creaking floor.

Lily, upon hearing this, ushered Harry into Percy's arms, and hid them in a closet nearby. Preparing her wand, she stayed in front of the door, waiting, until the monster got into the room.

Percy saw everything through a gap in the closet. That's how all those terrible images are still in his head, even after many years have passed.

He saw Lily trying to defend herself from Voldemort, keeping him distracted from the two little boys hiding in the closet.

He saw when Voldemort turned towards them after hearing Harry crying, and when Lily tried to stop him, asking him to take her instead.

He saw when he shot the killing curse, and, after a flash of green, when her mother fell to the ground, lifeless eyes staring at the ceiling.

And suddenly, he was thrown to the ground too, right after Voldemort opened the closet doors. Mommy was no longer there to help them, but he was there to protect Harry. He had promised.

Because of this, when that man shot the green light again, he acted as a shield to protect his brother.

The last thing Percy remembers from that Halloween Night was everything turning into dark, after the killing curse hit him.

------------

Hey guys!

I have a few things to say:

1. I hope you like this story. For your sake, I'll try to update regularly
2. I know it isn't something new, but I was tired of bad or discontinued stories about this, so I decided to make my own
3. English is not my native language, so if you notice any mistakes, please tell me and I'll fix them right away!
4. I don't own Percy Jackson or Harry Potter. J.K. Rowling and Rick Riordan are the ones that made them.
6. Harry is younger than Percy by 2 years.
7. Lily and James died when they were 21, because Lily had Percy with 18 and Harry with 20.
8. I don't own the image from the cover.

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Slight Swearing and Mentions of Abuse

Thanks for reading <3