Four

M.I.A. (Why Don't We)
*
Cause I-I, I-I, I-I, I been missin' on you
I-I, I-I, no I been M.I.A. on you
*

---
"Hey Bean, what's wrong? You've been so distant lately." I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him close to me as we stood outside, watching the stars on a chilly, fall night.

He sighed. "I don't know. I know I've seemed off for a bit. It's just that now the band is starting to get more popular, I might have to rearrange my commitments."

"Do your commitments have any time for me?"

He smiled. "Of course they do, Livvy. You're always my top priority. I know I keep going M.I.A. on you, and I am so sorry."

I kissed his cheek. "You don't have to be sorry, Corbs. I understand." Did I really though?

He turned, bringing my face close to his. "I love you."

"I love you too." And there, gently, softly, he kissed me, pulling me in close, his hands running through my hair, feeling every single moment.
---

"Olivia!"

"Hngh."

"Olivia, come on, you have like 10 minutes or we're gonna be late!" Hands shook me back and forth.

My eyes snapped open. "Oh, hell."

"Language." Jack smiled down at me. You slept through your alarm.

"I'm so sorry. Ugh."

He laughed. "It's okay, just hurry up. Jonah's mom made us breakfast."

"Yeah, yeah, okay." I sat up, stretching my arms. The second night at the house had gone well. I had caught up a lot with the guys. But one thing was still weird. Last night, when everyone had gone up to bed and I was about to as well, Daniel pulled me into the hallway.

"Olivia, I think there's something you should know."

I hesitated. "...Yes?"

"Did you think it was... strange at all... that Corbyn was the one to pick you up?"

"I mean, yeah, obviously, maybe a little... why?"

Daniel looked down at his feet, his now-blonde hair falling across his face.

"Dani, what's going on?"

"It was me. I sent him."

I looked at him in confusion.

"Okay, look. I'm not trying to get you guys back together or anything. We both know that's not gonna happen. But I thought that maybe- I don't know- you guys could try and be friends again. I thought that maybe giving you two some time alone might help fix something. I was wrong. And I am so, so, sorry. If you don't want to make up with him, I completely understand. I just-" he sighed in frustration. "You guys are both my best friends and I can't stand this- this whole thing."

I looked at him. I could tell he was really feeling guilty and hurt. Without saying anything, I pulled him to me, wrapping my arms around him tightly. He hugged me back, pressing his face against my shoulder.

"It's okay. It's gonna be okay." I whispered this to him until he pulled away.

"I missed you so much. I know you left because of Corbyn. I don't want you to leave again."

"Daniel, I get it. I'm gonna try to make things better with Corbyn, okay? Not just for us." I looked into his deep, ocean-blue eyes. "For you."

He nodded, tears still in his eyes. "You're so sweet. I love you."

"I love you too."

Little did I know those words would soon mean a lot more to me then they ever have, in more ways than one.

A/N: A short part, but a good one, I think. If you guys read this, please please please let me know what you think! I know this is probably just your average teen drama with the hot guy sort of story, but I really like that whole theme so yeah.