Twenty

On My Way (Why Don't We)
*
When you dream of free
Then that's where I'll be
You know I'm not too far
*

"Here we are!" Jonah said excitedly and, one by one, we all stepped out the large van we had rented for the night.

Daniel took my hand. "You look- really good," he complimented me, blushing.

"Thanks, so do you." For that night I had chosen a simple dress, one that reached to about my mid-thigh, a blue ombre that was dark at the bottom and gradually faded out to light sky blue at the top, with gold lining the seams.

Daniel was wearing black jeans, tight around his ankles, and a blue plaid button up shirt. I played with one of his buttons. "Promise me you'll try and have some fun tonight," I said, looking up at him.

He looked at me, his ocean blue eyes sparkling in the moonlight. "As long as you do."

I smiled, nodding, and we walked hand in hand down the garden-lined pathway to a large house overlooking a cliff.

When we got there, the rest of the boys were already on the balcony, waiting. "Slowpokes," Zach said, wrinkling his nose at us jokingly.

Jonah sighed. "Alright, look. Can everyone act relatively... nice tonight? Can we all just get along?" He looked around at us, and one by one, we all nodded.

Corbyn, who still had a cough but for the most part was okay, said, "Yeah, let's go," and knocked on the door.

It was answered by a pretty, straight brown haired girl with dark brown eyes opened the door for us. "Hey! Hi, Jonah!" she added, seeing Jonah's smiling face.

"Hey Tatum!" Jonah replied, already blushing. Jack nudged Zach's shoulder, gesturing to the two of them standing in the doorway.

"Guys... can we go in?" Daniel said, gesturing to the inside of Tate's house.

"Oh, yeah! Of course! Come on," she opened the door wider, and we stepped inside.

The inside of the home was spacious, and it was already crowded with people. Loud music played, and a snack bar lined the walls of the living area.

"Feel free to use whatever you want," Tate said cheerfully.

We all peeled off to different locations. Zach and Jack walked over to group of girls, Zach fluffing out his hair and Jack making sure his looked good. Jonah went off to talk with Tate, already a skip in his step, and Corbyn went outside, probably to hang out by the pool. I looked at Daniel. "Where do you wanna go?"

He leaned down, kissing my cheek. "Anywhere, as long as you're there too."

smiled, my blush hidden in the dim lighting, and took his hand, leading him upstairs, where there was a large, peaceful balcony with a view of the cliff.

"Good choice," Daniel said, leaning over the railing. Turning towards me, he pulled me in close, and we sat on the ground together on the opposite wall.

Our legs intertwined, and I rested my head on his chest, breathing in the sweet scent of his cologne. He tangled his fingers in my hair. "Guess we're being pretty antisocial, huh?"