Sixteen

I Depend on You (Why Don't We)
*
When you need me, you just call me
I'll be there
*

"Liv? Where did you go?"

I sighed, tears beginning to pool in my eyes. "I'm really sorry."

Daniel's voice came through the other end of my phone. "No, I'm just sorry I didn't stop the concert and come find you."

I sniffed, wiping my eyes with my shirtsleeves. "No, it's perfectly fine. I uh, well I just called Gary to come pick me up, so I'm on the bus outside."

"Okay. We're coming there right now, okay?"

"Yeah. Thanks."

I turned off the phone and stared out the window.

I depend on you.

The radio, softly playing their music.

When you look over your shoulder I'll be there
Cause I depend on you
I depend on you

I felt really bad for leaving them like that. For leaving Daniel like that. But I wasn't thinking straight.

When you breath
Silent symphony
When you blink
You steal the sight from me.

"You okay there, honey?" Gary came over to me.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I guess."

He looked at me, unconvinced. "Alright. If you need anything, you just let me know."

I smiled weakly at him. "Thank you."

"OLIVIA!" Zach came barreling through the door. "Oh my God are you okay we were so worried don't ever do that again I'm so sorry about Corbyn I don't know what happened we-"

"Zachary Dean Herron. Let her breath."

"I'm sorry." He said one last time before backing up.

"Are you okay, Liv?" Jonah asked, his eyebrows furrowed. "Well, I mean, obviously not. Sorry."

"No, no, I'm okay. I'm freaking out way too much over this. I'm sorry."

"No, you're not. That was a pretty ballsy move on Corbyn's part. It was unfair to you and Daniel." Jonah touched my shoulder, sitting down next to me. "I'm really confused as to why he's acting like this."

"Yeah. He's being pretty stupid, isn't he?" Jack said.

"Yeah, he is. And I don't know why he would treat you like that." Zach said, sighing.

"Where is Daniel, anyways?" I asked.

"Oh he's outside talking to Corbyn." Jacl told me.

"Talking? More like yelling." Zach corrected, grinning. "He deserves it though, if you ask me."

"Guys, let's calm down. Corbyn is our best friend. If he's being like this, there has to be a reason. Maybe for right now, we should just focus on helping Liv and getting ready for the next concert in two days."