Eight

Invitation (Why Don't We)
*
Cause I like you
You like me
We don't need no invitation, girl
*

---
"Hey, Olivia, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. You, uh, well, you haven't answered any of my calls. I'm worried about you. We're all worried about you. Corbyn told me what happened. I think he feels bad but- ah, God, I don't know what to think anymore, Liv, I really don't. I'm sorry. If you need space that's fine. Just please, um, please try and call me back soon. Bye."

Sighing, I turned off the voice message and set the phone down. I stayed in sitting in the chair, and put my head in my hands.

"You okay, sweetheart?"

"Yeah, Aunt May. Thanks for asking though."

She came over and rubbed my shoulders. My aunt had taken care of me since I was a little girl, when my dad died in a car crash. I never knew my mom. According to Aunt May, she had died giving birth to me.

"You know I'm here, if you need anything, okay?"

"Thanks, May. I love you."

She leaned down to kiss my cheek before walking out of my bedroom door. Then she paused. "Oh, and I think maybe you should answer him. He sounds like he cares." She gave me one last smile before leaving the room.

She was right, and I knew it. I just didn't want to admit it.

"One last call." I said to myself. I picked up my phone and walked to the porch.

He picked up seconds after I dialed. "Hey, Liv, What's up? Are you okay? Where did you go I-"

"Dani, Dani, calm down. I'm okay."

"Well, yeah, I see that now. You have a lot of explaining to do, Olivia. You don't just disappear like that without at least saying goodbye."

I groaned and rubbed my eyes. "Ugh, I know, I'm really sorry. A lot happened. I couldn't think straight."

"Are you gonna come back?"

"I don't know, Daniel. I really just don't know."

And that's when I realized he was crying.
---

"You ready?"

"As I'll ever be. Thanks for inviting me along."

"Hey, we missed you. We thought it was time to bring you back." Jonah touched my shoulder lightly. Outside, in front of the screens, I could hear the crowd screaming. I breathed in and exhaled.

"I'm ready."

He smiled. "Break a leg, Miss Coleman."

I entered the stage, and a collective scream went up through the crowd of thousands. I told myself to breathe, to treat it like any other concert, or small gig, even though it really wasn't. Before I could think too hard about it, however, I told myself to sing.

"Do you still think about me
Hiding at home
Where no one can see
Do you still wish
That I had stayed"

They kept cheering me on, most of them oblivious to the true meaning of the song. I had written it about a month after I left Corbyn. It was when I had decided I would take his advice, and make a career out of singing. It was when I decided i needed to express myself, and the only way I could really do it was through song.

"Do you still think about this
That night, the park
Where we shared our first kiss
Do you ever want it to be like it did before"

It was quieting down now, as the fans took in my words. I could feel tears threatening to well up in my eyes, but I forced then back down.

"I would have tried to save you
I would have tried to trust you again
But you just wouldn't
Wouldn't let me in"

"I would have tried to see you
See you one more time
But you dont seem to want to
You just want to shine"

I finished off the song as the crowd went wild. Walking backstage again, I looked at the boys' faces. They all looked shocked. Jack was the first one to speak.

"Holy crap."

"What? You didn't like it?"

"No, it was- that was- wow."

"That was beautiful," Zach piped up, the rest of the guys nodding in agreement. Well, except Corbyn. He looked like he had just been slapped in the face.

I blushed. "Aw, thanks guys. But now it's your turn."

"Oh, right!" Jonah broke out of trance.

I laughed softly as they began to take their positions behind the screen. "Good luck, you guys."

"Liv?" I heard Daniel's soft voice from behind me.

"Yeah?"

He blushed, his cheeks turning a dark crimson. "Well, uh, could you, um, well that is, do you mind holding Geoffrey? I don't wanna lose him. I'm sorry, I know its childish."

I smiled, holding back tears. It was just too cute. "No, no. Of course I'll hold him." Daniel handed me the giraffe. "Now get out there and be amazing like always!"

He ran out on stage. I hugged his giraffe tight. Yep, I liked him. A lot.

A/N: Aww, Dani is just the cutest! And he's so sweet too. Sorry, had to put that out there.