Twenty Three- FINALE

One Year Later
Los Angeles, California

A knock was heard from the front door, causing all the boys to scramble up from their various spots throughout the house to answer it.

"I got it!" The lanky, mushroom-haired kid almost jumped off the banister to reach the door.

"Zach!" Called a taller, older looking boy. "Calm down!"

He smiled to the top of the stairs. "Sorry, Granny Jonah!"

Running to the door, he unlocked it and pulled it open. "Welcome to the Why Don't We house, how may-"

He stopped halfway through his sentence when he saw who was there.

The girl standing at the front gave him a smile. "Hey, Zach."

"Hey Daniel," he shouted excitedly, a smile beginning to form across his face. "I think there's someone here for you."

"Coming." A tall, bleached blonde boy with eyes as deep blue as the ocean came walking down the stairs. At the sight of the girl at the front, he stopped and stared, speechless.

Her familiar brown and blonde-streaked hair was braided against her head, and the same freckles dotted her nose. She gave him a small smile. "Hey, Dani."

Daniel pushed past Zach, wrapping the girl in his arms, kissing her gently.

She tried to speak. "I'm sorry I didn't call before or-"

"No, no," he reassured her. "It's okay, Liv. It's... well, it's more than okay."

She smiled into his shirt. "I missed you so much."

He looked down at her. Zach spoke up. "He talked about you almost every day, this idiot."

Olivia laughed. "Well, my boss got really annoyed with me always talking about you guys."

"How is your job, by the way? Must be pretty boring without us." Another boy with wire framed glasses and hair that looked like ramen noodles walked out from behind Zach.

"Jack!" She exclaimed happily, wrapping him in a hug that he returned instantly.

"We missed you so much, Liv. You wouldn't believe it."

She laughed. "You wouldn't believe how much I missed all of you.

"Where have you been?" Zach asked.

"Mostly travelling a lot. I stopped in Europe for a couple months, but I haven't really been able to stay in one place any longer than that. It's probably why I quit my job."

"You... what? What's this I hear?" Jonah walked out the front door. "Come on, guys. You didn't even invite her in?"

"Oh, yeah! Come in, make yourself comfortable." Zach gestured towards the inside of thehouse, and Daniel, taking her hand, led her inside, sitting her down on the big couch in the living room.

"Anyways... keep going about your job," Jonah said.

"Oh, right! So yeah, I quit. But I was planning to settle down somewhere, and just start making my own music. Have my own brand, you know? Here in L.A."

"You're moving here?!" Daniel said excitedly.

"Yep!"

The boys' excited chatter thinned out when Corbyn entered the room. "Hey, Liv. Um... long time no see."

She looked up at him, and the room filled with unease. "Hey, Corbyn." She gave him a small smile. The boys were unsure of what to do next, until Jonah spoke up.

"Hey Corbyn. Come sit down with us. Liv was just telling us about how she's moving to L.A."

"Seriously?" Corbyn said, but it was with a smile, and the tension constricting the group began to unwind. "Where?"

"I mean, I've been looking at some apartments just across from this neighborhood-"

"Or," Jack said. "You could just dorm with us and only have to pay one sixth of the rent."

She smiled at the shorter boy. "Aw, thanks Jack. I- I'll think about it."

They continued their conversation, catching up, until the sun began to set.

"We have an awesome view," Daniel murmured quietly in her ear. "Want to grab something to drink and sit out there for a bit?"

She nodded eagerly, and they walked outside onto the porch, leaving the other band members with their conversations inside.

Outside, Liv and Daniel sat on the swinging bench, looking out at the city below. Daniel wrapped his arm around her shoulder, and she relaxed into him, realizing how much she had missed the amazing feeling of being beside him.

"Would you really consider living here? With us?"

She frowned, thinking. "Yeah, I really think I would."

Daniel smiled at her. "I hope you do."

And they sat out there until nightfall, when the stars came out and they both began to fall asleep, safe in each other's arms.

A/N: Wow. It's really over. I mean, this story just went by so fast. I think I did pretty well, though. I mean, for my first completed story. Thanks to those who supported me and if you liked this one, check out my new project, When the Roses Bloom. (It's not a fanfic) Anyways, I hope you liked it!