Seven

Trust Fund Baby (Why Don't We)
*
I don't really want no trust fund baby
I like my women independent
*

"We here guys!" Zach exclaimed, giving me a quick hug from behind. "Are you ready? I'm ready!"

I grinned. "Heck yeah, I'm ready! Let's do this!" I looked over at Daniel, still holding his giraffe tightly against his chest. I wrapped him in a hug.

"Dani, you're gonna do great. You're so talented and passionate about your music, and I know you can show it up on the stage."

"Thanks, Liv." He told me, giving me a nervous smile.

When we walked into the next room, we saw that Corbyn and Jack had already found the huge stage, and were up on it using the microphones to sing.

"DON'T WANT NO MEAN GIRL LADY, A PINK PROM QUEEN," Corbyn was yelling into the microphone while Jack stood there, doubled over with laughter. "I wanna girl who climbs trees, always dirt on her jeans. HER DADDY TOLD HER HOW TO FIX CARS, MAYBE SHE CAN FIX ME," at that, he looked at me and smiled.

"And all we used to dream about, was getting rich and getting out. Move to the nicer part of town, where we'd have numbers on our house." Jonah murmured quietly from behind me.

"Hey, Olivia, what are you gonna be singing?" Zach asked.

"Oh, uh, I'm singing one of my singles. It's called Shine."

"Sounds interesting." Jonah said.

"Yeah. Uh, is Daniel okay? I mean he says he is but I'm not really sure." I gestured over to Daniel, who was sitting in one of the stadium seats, his face pressed against his stuffed giraffe.

"Oh yeah. He can be a little... nervous, I guess, before a concert. This is pretty bad though. But I mean, he has been pretty stressed out lately."

"Why?"

"A lot has been going on with... Corbyn. He's been kinda weird since he heard you were coming back. I think he might be trying to get back with you."

"Oh?"

Jonah shrugged. "Think Dani's a bit jealous."

"Wha-" But before I could ask him, he had walked away to talk to Jack and Zach.

I sighed, then looked over at Daniel, still in the same position. After a few seconds of consideration, I walked over and sat in the seat next to him.

"So we have..." I checked my phone, "About 3 hours till we gotta be ready to go. Sounds like naptime, don't you think?"

No response.

"Dani? Hello? Earth to Daniel?"

He broke out of his trance. "Oh, yeah, I'm sorry. Yeah, yeah, I'm ready. I mean tired. I mean-"

I laughed. "I think you're just tired, silly."

He gave me a short laugh. "Ha, yeah, guess so."

He leaned his head on my shoulder. I tensed for a moment from the unexpected contact, before relaxing and placing my head on his, breathing in the shampoo scent of his hair. I felt my eyes closing slowly as exhaustion swept over me, and we both fell asleep in that postition.

"Do you think we should wake them?"

"I don't know. I mean, we only have an hour. Hey, Zach, stop poking him!"

"Ugh. Fine."

"Great. Now he's waking up. Look what you did Zach!"

Groggily, I opened my eyes as I felt Daniel's head move away from mine.

"Guys what-" Daniel started, but Zach poked him in the ribs again.

"Ow! Hey! That was unnecessary."

"It't time to get up, lovebirds. People are gonna start coming soon and we have to get ready." Jonah looked at us.

"Ugh. Fine." I stood up and grabbing Daniel's hand again, I pulled him up with me.

"OOOOOO," Jack yelled from all the way up on the stage. "WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE?"

Daniel shook his head, laughing.

Corbyn came over. "Don't worry guys, nothing's happening here. Daniel doesn't need a trust fund baby either."

Everyone went silent. After a moment, Daniel spoke up. "And what exactly was the purpose of saying that, Corbyn?"

"I-" he started talking, but I had already pushed past him and walked off.

---
"I love you so much. I'll never stop loving you, as long as I live."

"I know," and, looking into his eyes, I felt that it was true.

We were standing in the middle of the bridge, nothing but the water below us, nothing but the stars above us. I smiled up at him.

"I love you too."

He leaned down, putting my head in both his hands, and kissed me.

"You know I'll never leave you right?"

I pressed my face against his chest. "I would sure hope not."

He laughed quietly. "Remember what I said about how I don't want no trust fund baby?"

I smiled, my head still pressed into his chest. "I like my women independent."

"And I say to people that's my lady," he sang softly. "And we don't need nothing else."
---

A/N: Just so you guys know I wrote Olivia's songs myself :) sorry if they are bad