Thirteen

Something Different (Why Don't We)
*
I can read your mind
I know what you're thinkin
*

"Okay guys, can we all seriously just calm down? Stop it with the looks. The looks are stressing me out." I looked around the group, most of them just side glancing Corbyn at random times, as if afraid he was a bomb slowly ticking down the time to his his detonation.

"Sorry," Daniel mumbled, kissing my cheek. Jonah smirked at us, making me blush.

We had stopped at an Italian restaurant for lunch, and Gary had needed a nap anyways after an overnight drive. We were on our way to New York for the next concert.

"Can you guys just get a room already?" Zach teased, and Jack put his finger in his mouth, pretending to gag.

I shot them a glance, noticing Corbyn looking uncomfortable next to them. Good for him. I had made a point of avoiding him since he blew up on us at the hotel, and I answered his questions as shortly as possible. The boys did pretty much the same.

"I'm gonna go back to the bus and, uh, sleep." Corbyn stood up abruptly and walked out the door before any of us could respond.

"Guess that means he's not paying." Jack joked.

Jonah smiled. "Don't worry, I got us."

"Aw, thanks!" Daniel said cheerfully. "Does that mean I can get some more apple juice?"

"No, you've had enough."

"Aw, man, Granny's at it again," Zach jumped in, and he and Jack fell into a fit of laughter. Meanwhile, Jonah shook his head, smiling, and I laid my head on Daniel's shoulder and let the feeling of relaxation wash over me.

"Are you okay?" Daniel whispered, leaning his head on the top of mine.

"Yeah, I guess," I answered, my mind still lingering on Corbyns jealousy.

"Hey. Stop thinking about him. He doesn't matter right now, and thinking about it isn't gonna help."

I looked up at him. "How did you-"

"I can read your mind. I know what you're thinking," was his answer.

I smiled. He really was something different.

A half hour and three refills of apple juice later, Jonah paid the bill and we were on our way back to the bus. Stepping inside, the first thing I noticed was Corbyn, laying on the couch watching his phone and drinking a Gatorade, headphones in his ears.

"Hey guys," he said, suddenly standing up. "Um... was the food good?" He asked us almost shyly, as if he was afraid we would attack him.

"It was good," I said curtly, "and you missed out on a really good lava cake for dessert."

"Oh."

I walked past him into the lounge area at the back of the bus. The rest of the boys followed except Corbyn, who laid back down on the couch.

"Liv, we need to talk Corbyn." Zach automatically began to talk as I closed the door behind us, and Jack nodded furiously in agreement, his ramen hair bobbing up and down. "This can't keep going on."

I sighed. "I know."

"I mean, maybe we should see what he has to say-" Jonah began, but Zach cut him off.

"Jo, that's the nice approach. We've already tried that. This is serious. He called me an idiot. That's not something Corbyn would ever do, no matter how mad he is. Hell, he wouldn't call me dumb if he could avoid it."

"All right first of all, language-"

"Does it look like I care?"

"And second of all, he regrets it. I know he does. He's scared, but he doesn't want to admit it."

"So should we talk to him?" Daniel questioned.

Jonah looked at the table thoughtfully. "No. I think Liv should talk to him."

"What?!? Me?!? Hate to disappoint, Jo, but the last time we talked was when I slapped him, dissed him, then walked out on him."

"Exactly."

I looked at him in blank confusion.

"So, that means that you're the one who he's probably the most scared of right now. Because he's scared that you won't forgive him."

I thought about it. It did make sense, no matter how much I wanted to deny it.

Daniel looked at me. "You don't have to, you know. I can do it if you want."

I sighed. "Thanks Dani but, let's face it, that'll probably end in you trying to beat him up."

Zach nodded. "Yeah, that's probably true."

"Whatever. I'll just talk to him later."

Jonah smiled. "Okay!"

I looked at him skeptically. "You seem awfully excited about this."

"Yeah, sorry, I just hate it when my friends fight. Like, a lot."

"He really does." Jack pursed his lips at me, nodding.

"Alright. Fine. At least it's something different from the usual 'fight about it then forget it happened'" Daniel said hesitantly.

I looked at him. "Hey, I'm gonna try and fix this, okay? For you."

He smiled, pulling me closer to him. "Thanks, love."

I took a deep breath before walking out of the back room, determined not to screw things up even more than they already were.