Chapter 6

Eren woke up, and looked at the clock

"7:30.. Shit!" He screamed, shooting up.

He quickly grabbed his gloves, and wraps. Sliding in his shoes, he sprinted out of his house, and began running to the warehouse.

On his way, he wrapped his hands, and slipped his gloves on. He pushed himself harder, his legs, along with his lungs feeling like they'd explode.

"Dammit Eren.. you keep this up, and you'll lose your shot"

He checked his phone, 7:45

He then heard a car horn, along with his blonde friend, and his girlfriend.

"Eren! What the hell are you doing?"

"Armin! Don't swear" Historia scolded,

"What? The kids asleep!"

"Still.."

"I need to get to the warehouses, for training"

"Training for..?"

"Fighting"

"You're still chasing that dream?" Historia asked him.

"Need a ride?"Armin offered, unlocking the door.

Eren jumped in, thanking his two blonde haired friends.

"How's my godson?" He asked, looking at the five year old boy sitting in the car seat, fast asleep.

"Good, just got back from his grandparents," Armin said, referring to Historias side. "He's a little tired"

"How's your relationship with Annie?" Historia asked him, looking back.

"Done," Eren replied blankly, "After I lost the match, she went with the other guy"

"Oh.. I'm sorry," She replied, "Have you found anyone else?"

Eren just shook his head no.

"I know someone, infact, she had the biggest crush on you in high school. She didn't go to our school, but she went to a neighboring one. She'd talk about you all the time."

Eren just laughed, "and who would that be?" Eren asked her.

She was just about to answer, when Armin spoke up.

"We're here Eren, see you later"

Eren thanked them, and jumped out of the car, running through the gates of the warehouse.

7:55, he walked into the warehouse, and saw Levi and Mikasa putting up the bags.

"He's here, I'm going home" Mikasa said, walking away from her uncle, giving a glare to Eren, who ignored it.

"Good, come here and help finish putting the bag up, then we'll start"

Eren nodded, and helped put the heavy bag up.

He went to lift it up, and nearly toppled over trying to,

"Holy hell.." He grunted, How heavy is this thing?

Levi shrugged, "I bought a 6 foot bag, and filled it with sand. You said you wanted the heaviest bag I could find"

Eren just groaned, and held it up, as Levi hooked it to the chain.

"Alright, show me your 1-2 punches"

Eren did so, hitting the bag, in what he thought was amazing form.

"Now 3-4"

Eren did that, and levi clicked his tongue.

"Now your best round house, and T kick."

Eren did so, smirking.

"It's shit, we need to start from the very beginning"

"W-what?" Eren stuttered out, "What do you mean its shit?"

"Your punches are so bad it hurts. First off, your jab is slow as hell, second, your cross is telegraphed way to much, The hook is terrible, and the uppercut is going to cause you to shatter your hand."

"And the kicks?"

"Don't get me started, first start with the stance."

Eren got in his stance, and Levi rolled his eyes.

"You're a fighter, not a runner, get those legs in closer, I assume you're orthodox?"

Eren nods

"Okay, left foot in front of right, face the right toes at a 45 degree angle, take the left, and either do the same angle, or face it directly ahead, whatever is comfortable."

Eren did so, and Levi nodded.

now twist your hips, and angle yourself, like a blade. This gives your opponent less space to hit.

Eren followed the instructions.

"'Now, take your left hand, and put it at your cheek bone level, take the right, and but it hurt below, so that your knuckles are just above the bottom of your jaw."

Eren moves his arms up.

"Good, good. Now, face the bag, and I want you to throw 1-2, bringing your hands back each time. Remember, power isn't shit if the punch doesn't land. Don't worry about cocking your hands back, of rocking your hands up to get momentum or power, those telegraph your punches, making you easy to counter. Throw the jab, and the cross popping them, and bringing your hands back up."

Eren nodded, and began hitting the bag, throwing his jabs and crosses.

"Stop stop, you're telegraphing again, and you aren't moving with the punches watch me"

Eren stepped out of the way, and Levi stood in front of the bag. He stood up on the balls of his feet, and began throwing his jabs and crosses. Eren took notice to hit footwork, how he hopped forward with each punch to get in range, and took a step back after each cross. He then looked up at his punches.

They were lightning fast to say the least, his jabs made it to the bag faster than Eren could even process, and his crosses left a loud sting against the bag.

"Got me now?" Levi asked him , backing up.

Eren nodded, getting back in the stance.

"Get full extension, and start out slow. Get the proper technique down before you speed up, i'll be back in thirty minutes, I expect you to have the feel down by the time I get back."

Levi walked out, and leaned against the building, rubbing his knuckles. He listened in to Eren, who he heard was making contact with the bag.

Eren kept hitting the bag, making sure that all telegraphing was either gone, or less noticeable. He stepped in with each punch, and stepped out after each cross.

"He picked it up fairly quick, maybe he will be a good fighter, in time."

He kept listening to Eren, who was audibly correcting himself whenever he messed up the stance.

Levi nodded, a smirk stabbing at the corner of his mouth.

"I had a feeling he would."

________________________
There chapter down, thanks for reading, and see you later.