Chapter 19

One Year Later

Eren woke up to his phone ringing. He looked at his clock, it read 5:00.

He turned to his side, and grabbed his phone, reading the name, answered it.

"Hello, Levi" He said, in a groggy voice.

"Good morning Eren."

"Is there a reason you're calling me this early?" Eren asked, curious.

"I wouldn't have called you if there wasn't one. First off, Petra and I are now engaged-"

Eren sat up, "Really? Congratulations, I'm happy for you"

"Thank you Eren. Now, to the real reason I called you. I've gotten your first fight. It's nothing big, but I think you'll enjoy this one."

"Really? That's awesome! Thank you so much. Who am I fighting?"

"Jean Kirstein"

Eren felt a smile creep across his face.

"When's the fight?"

"30 minutes" Levi said.

Eren fell of the bed, hitting the ground with a loud thud, voicing his surprise.

He heard, from the phone, laughing. He picked the phone up from the ground and put it to his ear. He knew who was laughing immediately. It was the only laugh that made him feel warm.

He heard another laughter too. A soft chuckling.

"Both of you like doing this to me don't you."

Levi just responded with "it was her idea"

Over the last year, Eren and Levi's relationship changed from being trainer and trainee both inside and outside the ring, to uncle and nephew outside the ring. Levi relaxed on Eren a lot, and has showed some care from time to time, although as soon as Eren is in training, he goes back to his old hard ass self.

"But, I'd like you to be here in about two hours. We're celebrating."

"Okay, I'll be sure to be there."

"Alright, goodbye Eren."

He said goodbye, and he heard Mikasa yell 'goodbye' in the background, to which he responded to as well.

Levi hung up, and Eren slipped out of the bed. He walked over to his dresser, and picked out an outfit that consisted of light blue jeans and a black short sleeve shirt.

He walked into the bathroom, and undressed, getting the shower ready.

He looked at himself in the mirror.

Over the passed year, Eren changed a lot. He went from being 6 foot(183cm) and 150 lbs (68 kg) to 180 lbs (81kg). It shows too, He was a lot more muscular, and defined.

He smiled to himself, He knew he should be proud, and he was.

He jumped in the shower, to clean of yesterday's sweat and grime, then got out and dried off, before getting dressed.