Chapter 7

Eren sat in the corner, taking a breather.

Rhythmic foot steps echoed through the warehouse. Eren brought up his eyes, to meet Levi's.

"What are you doing?" Levi asked Eren, glaring down at him.

"I'm just.. taking a breather.." Eren huffed out.

"Did I say you could?" Levi asked him, still looking down at him.

"N-no.." Eren stuttered.

"Exactly, get the hell up and get going"

"Can I at least have a water?"

"Show me what you've learned, and if it's good, I'll give you some water"

Eren stood up, stumbling his way to the bag. He got in his stance, and began throwing his straights and crosses.

"Faster!" Levi shouted, annoyed.

Eren sped up, not by much, but he sped up.

"Pop the jab! There and back, and don't loop it down! that's how you get the shit kicked out of you"

Eren kept going, and he started breathing heavier, sweating profusely. His throat burned, and it was dry.

"Harder!" Levi yelled, "Make those punches sting!"

Eren tried, putting any power he had left into it.

Eren heard shoes clicking against the cement, and then heard the voice of Mikasa.

"Go easy on him levi, you're going to give him a heat stroke. It's almost 90 (f) degrees out."

Levi clicked his tongue, "He'll stop when I say he can."

Mikasa sighed, "You know, as much as I don't like him, I still don't want to see him die. Let him take a break"

Eren groaned out a "I'm not stopping until i'm told to, before going back to focusing on the bag."

Mikasa rolled her eyes, "So much you trying to help you. No wonder what's her face broke up with you, Idiot"

Eren let it an audible growl, but kept his focus.

"Seriously, you've got to be the dumbest person i've ever met. I just gave you a chance to break. At this rate, you'll end up dying because of your idiocy."

Levi looked at Mikasa, who was smiling.

"Mind games huh?" He thought to himself. "I see now.. She's toying with him, testing his fortitude."

"You really think you can become an actual fighter?" She asks, "If anything, you'd be a bag with arms and legs."

Eren kept going, trying to ignore her.

"You'll get killed in the octagon, not even a challenge."

"Maybe you're right." Eren spoke, "Maybe I can't be a fighter. But I won't just accept that. I've never started anything I can't finish. All those matches you saw with me? Fake, everyone has realized that. They were fakes. All payed off in my favor. That was just me starting. I'll show you, I'll show everyone what I'll be able to do." He choked out. "I'll become number one. I'll beat him. I'll win her over again. And when she comes back, I'll turn her down, in front of the entire world. You maybe able to break me physically, I'll heal. That'll make me stronger.." He paused,

"But you can never break me mentally. No one, no one has the will power I do. This is why I need to- no.. this is why I will prove you wrong, prove everyone wrong.."

Mikasa gave Levi a "not bad" look, before speaking. "Levi, let me talk to you outside.

They both walked out, and Mikasa looked at Eren from the corner of her eyes.

"He's determined, an he didn't get set off like he did last time, i'll give him that. if he wasn't such a jack ass, id help also. teach him respect, see if you can do that."

Levi nodded, and started walking back in the warehouse.

"Alright Eren, you've earned your break. You got five minutes."

Eren nodded, going straight for his water bottle, which he drank in seconds.

"I'm cooling off in the water, I'll be back in three minutes"

"Whatever, next is hooks and upper cuts. Don't expect to get these as fast as you got the other ones.. you won't"

Eren nodded, running down to the dock. He noticed someone there.

"Dammit.. she's there" He thought, before sighing.

"I should go talk to her.. at least try to make it so we're able to be in the same room without all that tension.."

He walked down the dock, and up to Mikasa, who took notice to him, groaning. She turned around and was about to walk away.

"Wait," He said, "Look, we need to talk."

Mikasa rolled her eyes, but stopped walking.

"Look, I know why you were saying all that back there"

Mikasa hid her surprise, "He already figured it out?"

"I was an ass, I'm not surprised you don't like me. I took out a lot of frustration on you for no reason, other than you were there to do it to. Can we start over, or at least start off on even ground? I can take you to a coffee place or something, so we can get to know each other more or something." (Cliche as hell I know, but i'm unoriginal)

Mikasa sighed. "You're already offering me a date?"

"N-no! just.."

"Whatever" She said impatiently, "Fine, we can start over. And i'll go get coffee with you or something"

"Great"

Eren began waking back up to the warehouse.

"Eren, you've got determination. Don't let it go to waste."

"Thanks, Mikasa"
__________________
boom done i'm going to sleep bye