Chapter 17

Hey guys! I'm gonna be honest here, I've really lost all interest in writing.. but I promised I'd finish this story so here I am again
——————————
Eren and Mikasa returned from their little walk around town. Eren immediately sat down on the couch, and Mikasa followed him, sitting on the cushion on the other side of the couch.

"How long did you say it would take for my arm to heal?" Eren asked, breaking the silence.

Mikasa shrugged, "Depends.. fully heal? Maybe a year? Heal enough to work out fairly hard again? Few months."

"Dammit.." Eren groaned, followed with an exhale

"I'm sorry.." Mikasa said again, in a tone that hurt Eren's heart.

"It's fine Mikasa, really. And if it doesn't heal fully, and I can't fight, it doesn't matter.. I'll find some thing else."

"What else would you do?" Mikasa asked him, crossing her legs and leaning forward, propping her chin up on her hand.

"Well.. when I was younger, I worked with my uncles on cars.. I've always wanted to run my own auto body business.."

Mikasa smiled slightly, "Why don't you just give up fighting then? Do what you want."

Something in Eren fired, "No!" He said, loud enough that Mikasa jumped.

Eren took note of this. and calmed himself down. "No.. I want to see that asshole fall too the mat.. I won't stop until I put his ass down.."

Mikasa looked at him, and looked away.

"I don't like the fact you raised your voice at me Eren.."

Eren just looked away, leaning against the couch.

"Well?" Mikasa asked.

Eren stood up, and walked over to where she was. Mikasa looked up at him, a flash of concern, but also questioning appearing on her face.

"What're you doing?"

Eren reached out his hand, and grabbed her hands.

"Stand up.." He ordered in a soft tone, which made Mikasa feel a little better, and she did what he told her to.

Once standing, Eren pulled her into a warm, and gentle embrace, inhaling sharply before letting out a deep sigh.

"I'm-" He began, but he stopped for a second, "I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to raise my voice like that.. Those years with Annie.. broke me.. She rebuilt me in a way that suited her.. I went though some abuse from her and her family.. I want— no, I need you to stick with me Mikasa, to help me become what l once was.. Yelling became a normality, that it never crossed my mind that it isn't normal in the slightest.. It was normal for me and her."

Mikasa squeezed Eren tighter.

"Mikasa, I really do lo-"

Mikasa's phone rang, and she sighed.

"It's Levi.." Mikasa said, answering it. "Hello?"

Eren heard talking, but couldn't hear what was being said.

"But-" Mikasa began, however she seemed to have been cut off by Levi

"Yes, Levi" She said, sounding defeated. "Yup.. bye"

Mikasa hung up the phone, and looked at Eren. "I gotta go.."

"Already? It's only 8:45" He groaned.

"I know.. but Levi says he wants you to go to sleep within the next 15 minutes"

"What for?" He asked her

"He wants you at the warehouse by 5:30 tomorrow morning, so he wants you to get a full 8 hours of sleep, and to have a good breakfast."

Eren sighed loudly, "And why can't you stay?"

"Well, we're only dating, he won't let me move in until engagement at the earliest, he doesn't exactly approve of me spending nights with you, not yet. But he knows that we'd be up late if I stayed."

"So are you walking home? If so I'm not allowing you to go alone"

She shook her head, "Levi is picking me up, he should be here in five minutes or so.. In the meantime.."

Mikasa grabbed his arms and led him to the couch, where she had him sit down. Once he was in a comfortable spot, she sat down next to him, and leaned against him.

Eren smiled, closed his eyes. It hadn't felt like even a few seconds, and he was being shook awake by Mikasa.

"Eren, he's here.. I'll see you tomorrow" She said, beginning to step away.

Eren grabbed her arm, and pulled her down. He pushed his lips against hers, bringing his hand up to her cheek.

A few seconds, which felt like minutes longer passed, and Levi began sounding the horn on his truck. Mikasa stood up, and smiled, a reddish tinge on her cheeks.

"I'll see you tomorrow.." She paused, "Love you, Eren.."

With that, she turned and walked out the door. Eren sat there, until he heard the truck drive away.

He stood up, and locked up the house, before shutting the lights, and going up to his room. His bed felt better then he thought it would, as he wrapped himself in the sheets on it. He rolled over, closed his eyes, and fell asleep.

—————
There we go guys, very, very long overdue. I'll begin working on the next chapter within this weekend. Goodbye.