Chapter 10

Eren's eyes widened at that question, and without thinking, began charging at the car.

He felt a hard yank around his arm, then a firm pair of arms wrap around his chest. Mikasa didn't know what she was going, or what for, but she felt that something wasn't right with Eren.

After Reiner laughed, and sped away, and after the anger wore off, Eren began quietly crying, trying not to make it obvious, as he was hit with memories and flashbacks, particularly of his moms murder.

A loud sound echoed though out the night, as fireworks fired off into the sky from the street, where they saw the car start speeding away again. Eren froze up, before starting to hyperventilate.

"What's going on Eren?!" Mikas asked him, getting really worried.

She looked him over, as Erens breathing got heavier and he started sweating.

A panic attack.

She dealt with these before from patients, but none were quite this bad.

She eventually just called Levi, beginning to panic herself.

He picked up in an annoyed tone, "What do you want?"

She began stuttering into the phone,

"E-Erens having a panic attack. I-i don't know what to do Levi, please get over here now, please!"

"What the f- alright I'll be there as soon as I can"

Mikasa slipped the phone back into her pocket.

She made eye contact with Eren,

"I-I'm sorry Mikasa.. I.."

"Shush, don't worry about it Eren.."

"T-the fireworks.. they did this.. They did it on purpose.." He sputtered out.

"What do you-"

"Annie.. she knows that they do this to me.."

She began thinking for a bit.. should she ask him, why?

"E-Ere-"

"You wanna know why.. don't you..?"

She reluctantly nodded, already regretting making him think about it more. "You don't have to if you don't want to.. I don't nee-"

"They remind me of gun shots..." He spoke slowly, "My mom was shot.. in front of me.." He bit his lip, causing blood to ooze out of it. "My dad left her a year before.. during the night, didn't say goodbye to us.. the man who shot her was someone he had a debt to.."

"W-what happened to the man..?" She asked quietly

Eren flashed her a look, "If I told you.. you'd never be able to look at me again the same way."

"Eren.. d-did you..?"

"We going to shoot me too.. If I wasn't up stairs.. if I came down just five seconds earlier I could've saved mom.."

"Eren.. did you k-"

"I punched him.. again and again.." He choked out, "by the time the cops and paramedics came, he was already dead.. I never meant to kill him.. It's just.. he wouldn't stop moving and when he did.. thought he was just knocked out.." He shakily said, beginning to cry again, "I've always hated myself for it.."

Mikasa slightly leaned back from him, to which he grabbed her hand.

"I shouldn't have told you.. I'm sorry"

Mikasa drew in a deep breath, "N-no.. you did what to needed too.."

Mikasa heard the rumbling of her uncles truck, as it came down the road towards them.