Chapter 15

Eren woke up.

He groaned, as he felt the soreness of his muscles.

He looked at the dimly illuminated clock on the wall.

It read 2:30.

"What the hell.." He thought. He rolled over, and tried going back to sleep.

That's when he realized something. The girl who was laying on top of him a few hours ago wasn't there anymore.

He slowly sat up, and rubbed his eyes.

"Mikasa?" He whispered.

Nothing. The cold silence gave his usually warm and comforting house an eerie and creepy feel.

Then, he heard it.

Clack.. Clack..

He couldn't tell what it was, or where it was coming from.

Clink..

It paused, before he heard scraping.

A loud crash, of what sounded like glass then came from the kitchen. Eren's mind raced to the worst.

"Someone's breaking in!" He thought.

He jumped up, ignoring the soreness in his legs, and ran to the kitchen.

He rounded the corner, and saw a figure.

He figured it was about 5' 8" or 5' 9"

He began charging at it, when it turned.

"Eren!" A high pitches voice screeches.

It was just Mikasa.

Eren tried stopping himself, but he just slid across the floor, coming down hard onto the floor.. then he felt a stabbing pain.

He looked to his right arm. A jagged piece of white was sticking out, and a stream of blood flowed down his arm.

"Shit!" He cursed loudly, getting himself up.

He looked down, and saw the remnants of a plate.

"Oh my god Eren!" Mikasa said loudly, "I'm so sorry!"

He winced, as he pulled the glass out of his arm. It went deeper then expected, and even more blood started to ooze out.

Mikasa quickly ran to the bathroom, and went into the cabinet, grabbing the first aid kit.

He ran down stairs, ripping the plastic film off.

Eren already had paper towels pressed onto the open wound, and had broom and dust pan in hand, cleaning up the broken plate.

"Alright Eren" Mikasa said, pulling out a chair. "Let's get it cleaned up and bandaged."

"She seemed extremely calmed
compared to how she was just acting," Eren took note. "Must be the nurse in her.."

"I don't need that stuff" He said, dumping the broken shards into the bin.

"Oh yes you do. You don't want an infection."

"I've never used that stuff," He tried to argue, "Never."

"Don't make me tell you do sit again Eren. I've seen what infections in wounds like that can do, it's not good."

Eren groaned in protest, but sat down.

Mikasa took off the bloody towels that he had wrapped around his arm, and threw them away.

She walked over to the sink, and soaked more paper towels in water, and cleaned up the blood around it, then threw those away.

She popped open the kit, and grabbed the disinfectant wipes. She began to wipe around the wound.

Eren clenched his teeth, and let out a low hiss.

"Sorry.. forgot to mention it would sting"

"It's fine" He said quietly.

"It looks like.. initially it was just a shallow scratch, when once you hit the ground and slid it pushed it in deeper and cut some more" She said.

She threw the wipes away, and grabbed gauze, and placed it on the gash, then wrapped it up with bandages.

"There.. replace the gauze tomorrow." She said.

Eren looked at the clock.

2:45

"Shit.. I gotta get back to bed.. Levi is going to kick my ass again tomorrow and I need to be able to at least move."

"You aren't going to work with that huge gash.. I'll talk to Levi."

"But I've missed too many days"

"You're staying home, I'll lock you in the room with me if I have to."

After more progestin didn't get him anywhere, he finally gave up.

"Fine.." He groaned.. "Let's go back to bed."

She nodded, and grabbed Erens hand, leading him up stairs. They walked into Erens room, and slid into the bed, Mikasa scooting into Eren, who wrapped his good arm around her.

She smiled, placing a light kiss onto his cheek, before placing her head in his shoulder.

"See you in the morning.." Eren said quietly.

"It is morning.." Mikasa said

Eren let out a sigh, "Whatever.."

A quiet laugh escaped Mikasas lips.

They both closed their eyes, and quickly drifted off.

————
Sorry for the uneventful chapter, I just thought it would be weird to just skip to the morning. Thanks for reading this.