Chapter 9

Claire

"Sorry, it isn't in my contract to tell you where I am all the time," she said with attitude. I walked quickly towards the elevators extending my arm hoping I could stop it. But the last thing I saw was Beth's eyes staring into my own with disappointment and anger before the two doors met in the middle. 

I groaned as I chucked my phone at the wall, cracking the screen. I closed my eyes. I had taken my anger out on Beth and my phone when I should've taken it out on the person responsible. Nathan. 

Beth was right, I was annoyed that Nathan brushed my worries off like it was nothing and Beth was the first person I saw and I took it out on her. I picked up my phone and cringed when I saw how badly cracked my screen was. 

I navigated to my contact list on my phone and dialed Beth's number. I held the phone up to my ear, wondering if she was going to pick up. A huge part of me didn't want her to pick up, mostly because I didn't know what to say and because I was scared she was going to yell at me again. I sighed as I heard her voicemail on the other end. 

"Hey, Beth, it's Claire I'm sorry about what I said, it's just...been a long night." I put my hand on my forehead, "can you please just call me when you get this? thanks." 

I laid down on the couch, my head was killing me. Tonight couldn't have ended any worse. I slowly drifted into sleep as I kept my phone in my hand, just in case Beth called back. 

Beth

I knocked on Eric's door hoping that he was still awake. He opened the door almost instantly, he was talking on the phone and his eyes were wide with surprise.

His attention was back to the person on the other end of the phone call as he opened the door wider and gestured for me to come in, "Amy, you made a commitment to the band when you agreed. I don't care if there's a huge party on the other side of town that night."

I sat down on his couch, putting my feet up on his coffee table while he disappeared into his room. To pass the time, I took my own phone out and frowned when I realized the battery was dead. I sighed, this was definitely not how I wanted to spend my Saturday night. I closed my eyes, I just wanted this day to end.

"If you're here for a booty call, you're about a year late and Amy and Claire would probably kill us both," Eric smirked. 

I didn't even bother opening my eyes as I reached over and threw a cushion at him. 

He laughed as I heard the pillow hit his chest. I shook my head, "I'd rather eat glass, all offense intended." I felt the couch give in beside me as he sat down. 

"So do you want to tell me why you're really here?" 

I opened one eye, "you said you needed me to transpose your setlist, right?" 

He raised an eyebrow at me, "yes, but I was thinking maybe earlier on in the day." He glanced down at his watch, "not at midnight." 

I rolled my eyes while he opened his mouth to talk again, "did you and Claire get into a fight?

I stared guiltily at my hands in my lap, "yeah. But to be fair, it wasn't my fault!" 

He laughed as he put his arm around my shoulders, "it's never your fault. But I like that we can talk about our girlfriend problems to each other now."

I made  a face at him, "you were telling me about your girlfriend problems before Claire and I started dating."

He shrugged his shoulders, "and I've been listening to all your bad dates with shitty guys."