Chapter 12

Claire

I held Beth's face in my hands as our lips touched softly. I felt Beth tense at my touch at first but relaxed as she responded to the kiss.

"Ahem."

We pulled apart and I saw Beth's eyes go wide as she saw Jessica standing with her arms folded across her chest and a smirk on her face.

"Sorry to interrupt this moment," she tried to hide a smile as our eyes met, "but Jonathon would like to talk to us about the scene we're shooting after lunch."

I cleared my throat, "yes, of course." I took Beth's hand in mine as the three of us walked back onto the set.

The walk was quiet, I could feel Jessica's eyes on me while Beth looked like she was in a daze. I was really hoping Jessica would walk faster than us so I could apologize to Beth for catching her off guard like that. In my defense, it was the first thing that came to mind. She just kept going on and on and with Jessica coming closer, I couldn't risk her hearing it.

It's not like I thought Jessica would say anything to anyone. She knows how intrusive the media can be and if Nathan let me, I would've told her about our weird three-person business relationship.

I stole a glance at Beth on my right who looked like she's just seen a ghost and then I looked over at Jessica who tried to contain a smile on her face.

We walked on set and Jonathon was talking to one of the writers. I turned to Beth, "I'm just going to talk to J-"

"Yeah, go ahead," she interrupted not making eye contact, "I'm just going to hand out coffee." I watched her scurry away.

Jessica spoke up from beside me, "I ruined the mood didn't I?"

I shook my head with a smile as I pushed her in Jonathon's direction.

During our mini-meeting, Beth handed Jessica and Jonathon another coffee. She gave me a hesitant side hug and a smile before continuing on.

Jessica nudged me from the side, "I'm not just saying this because she brought good coffee," she took a sip from her cup, "but I really like her."

I watched Beth hand the light and audio team cups of coffee, it brought a small smile to my face as I watched her laughing and talking to them. I touched my lips with the tips of my fingers, "me too."

* * * * *

Beth

I walked back to Claire's place slowly, thinking about the kiss. It only clued in after I realized that Jesicca was behind me that Claire kissed me to shut me up, but why did the kiss make my toes curl and send butterflies to the rest of my body?

I pushed the revolving doors to the condo and looked towards the security desk. I wasn't surprised to see a different man at the desk. After the break-in, management informed us that Hector went into retirement. As much as it sucked not seeing him around anymore, but I was happy that he's finally relaxing.

I took the elevator up to the penthouse and immediately the scent of Claire's shampoo hit me. What was wrong with me? It's been weeks since Claire and I have been living together, I should be used to this.

I walked to the cleaning closet and grabbed an aerosol can, spraying the air furiously. I wasn't sure what had me so wound up, so I figured it would probably be best if I avoided Claire for the time being. Maybe it wasn't the most mature decision, but my head was confused so it would have to do for now.

Claire

I closed the door to my dressing room, thankful that today's shoot went by quick and we finished at a reasonable time. Its been a couple weeks since I've gone back soon and I'm slowly getting back into the routine of going back to work, but these early morning call times were something I could never get used to.