Chapter 27

Beth

"Good work today, Beth," Shay smiled, "I think you'll fit right in with us here."

I blew out a breath of relief, "thanks, Shay. I'm really excited to be part of the team."

She smiled, "I guess we're done for today. You have a couple more training days and then let's see if we can get you in to do some test vocals in the recording room."

"Sounds great!" I replied enthusiastically. She nodded at me before she left the room. I was still sitting in my seat, just really soaking in that I work at Royal Entertainment now. Today was my third day here and everyone was really cool too.

My phone vibrated next to me with a message from Eric.

Eric: Stop by the bar after work?

I laughed at the message.

Me: Why? Miss me already?

Eric: Normally I would've said no because I don't want you to get a big head about it, but yes, your presence is kind of missed here

I could picture him rolling his eyes.

Me: Yeah, I'll stop by. I gotta give the people what they want, right?

Eric: The people want you to give me my sweater back.

Me: It's our sweater now Eric dearest...I'll see you later lol

I put my phone back in my pocket and collected my stuff, happy to be heading to the bar during happy hour.

* * * * *

Dave welcomed me as soon as I walked into the bar with a smile, "there she is, our working girl!"

I laughed and took a seat at the bar in front of him, "was I not a working girl when I worked here?"

Eric came up beside Dave, "the working girl that occasionally beats up people at the bar."

"That's not fair, they deserved it!" I argued.

"Then what about when you used to put me in headlocks during our shifts?" he frowned.

Dave placed a pint of Stella in front of me. I gave him a grateful smile and took a sip, savoring the taste in my mouth. "That was just for fun," I answered Eric.

He curled his lip at me with feigned annoyance while Dave and I laughed at his reaction.

"Hello, Beth."

I turned around and didn't even try to hide the disgust on my face, "Amy," I turned back and rolled my eyes, "if I had known you were going to be here, I would've left."

I heard her scoff behind me, "I'm a delight." She took a seat next to me and if it weren't for the beer in my hand, I would've already gotten up and left.

"No, you're a spherical dumbass," I disagreed, "it's amazing really, no matter which way you look, you're still a dumbass."

I turned my attention back to the beer in front of me, knowing that Eric was wiping down the counter trying to make sure the banter didn't spiral too much. Dave had his back turned, touching up the already organized bottles of alcohol behind the bar, trying not to laugh.

"Really, Eric?" She whined, "are you really not going to do anything about this?"

"Oh, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings when I called you stupid, I honestly thought you knew," I smirked when I saw the stupid look on her face.

"Can't you kick her out or something?" She tossed her hair while starring daggers at me.

"Ah ah ah," I wagged a finger at her, "I'm a paying customer now. So I don't have to be nice to you," I interjected, "he can only throw me out if I'm belligerent, which I'm not," I gestured down to my barely touched pint of beer. "Or if I started a physical fight," I smirked, after working at the bar for so long, other than being made uncomfortable by the patrons, I knew these were the 3 reasons we were allowed to kick someone out of the bar.