Chapter 1: Let the Games Begin

My alarm went off and I knew it was time to get up for school. I was almost through with my senior year and I was ready to blow this popsicle stand. Lol. If that was something people still said. I planned on having my music career up and running partially before I graduated so I could have a great life ahead of me instead of my mom pressuring me to go to college.

My mom says I need college to have a good financially stable lifestyle but I just wanna do what I want and be free of her nagging all the time. My dad isn't around a lot because he owns the top law firm in L.A but my mom doesn't really care because it helps to pay for her continuous shopping spree and our huge unnecessary house and cars.

The money she makes through him somehow makes up for the fact that she gets to spend little to no time with him in reality. Of course we always put on the picture perfect face of a happy family when we have to go to public events but, other than that we're anything but perfect.

I got up and made my bed so I could start getting ready. This week was the week after graduation so most of the seniors that were still left, including me, were just waiting to get all of our make-up school hours so we could leave. Turns out all those unexcused absences add up over time.

I decided to throw on some ripped jeans and a red tank top with my jean jacket and vans. I don't really wear a lot of makeup so I just put on some foundation and mascara and filled in my eyebrows. I always wear my hair down so I just brushed it out and went downstairs.

When I got downstairs my mom was waiting on me at the breakfast table with her cup of coffee like she normally does. "Hey sweetheart. How was your sleep?" She asked. "It was good." I replied. "Even though I highly doubt anyone likes wakeing up at 5:30 in the morning to go to a teenager's definition of hell." I said with a lot of sarcasm.

"Please watch your tone and profanity at this table young lady." My mom scolded me. "H.E double hockey sticks isn't a curse word mother." I said as politely as possible. I hated when she tried to control every little thing I said. Honestly, she didn't really have that right because she barely paid attention to me.

I decided to ignore everything else she said and grabbed my keys to leave. "Aren't you gonna eat?" She asked. "No I'm okay. I'll just grab something on the way to pick up Alec." I said and left.

I got in my car and put on Olivia O'Brien's song "Care less more" as I pulled out of the parking lot to get Alec. Alec was probably the only person who actually paid attention to me. For example, the time I went and got a tattoo and a tongue piercing, he was the one who told my parents what I was doing. I know it seems like he was snitching on me but my parents didn't care about it so it just ended up being hilarious. Which exactly proves my point that they don't care what I do.

As I drove to Alec's house I sang along to the song lyrics. "I hope I keep her side of the bed warm. Since that's the only thing that you've been keeping me around for. Won't say how we're feeling cause we're unsure. But we're done playing this game of who could care less more." I sang.

I knew I was a good singer because I had taken vocal lessons since I was 6 as a requirement from my mom. It ended up being something I loved doing so I just stuck with it. When I turned 16 I decided to start a YouTube channel where I sing covers and stuff which eventually ended up becoming really popular in the long run. Now my goal in life is to get signed to a record label and become a real artist.

I finally got to Alec's house after stopping and getting us both a Venti caramel frappe from Starbucks and a bagel with cream cheese. I honked the horn loudly twice and waited on him to come get in the car.

"Well look at Ms. Spoiled little rich girl in her Range Rover." He said sarcastically. Alec knew I hated to be acknowledged as rich but, I knew he was joking. "Whatever." I said laughing. "Just get your ass in the car before I eat your food and drink your coffee." I said. "Wow... you really do love me Lolo." He said making a mocking puppy face.